Uh, is it the last Sunday of the month again? Already? Oh my!
Well, I said I'd be back once a month and here I am, with all that has happened, is happening and might be happening :)
Recently Read:
Glow by Amy Ryan: To be honest, I've been pretty disappointed with this one. I didn't really connect with or like any of the characters. The plot is a great and the writing isn't bad either, I just never really felt like I was there, in the book.
Shelfability: Borrow/ Acquire if you're a dystopian fan.
After Obsession by Carrie Jones: I really liked this one. I'm madly in love with Jones' Need Pixies and this one definitely doesn't have to hide behind the series. I especially like the word play with the title - yes, I'm a word play freak^^
Shelfability: Acquire.
Burning Bright [short story] by Cassandra Clare: I honestly say that she's screwed up the 2nd cycle of TMI, but this little short story still shines with the old glory :)
Shelfability: this came as an extra with another book (see below)
New On The Shelves:
eARCs:
Pure by Julianna Baggott
This one has been spooking through the bloggosphere for quite a while and so I requested it when the title popped up on netGalley. It sounds a lot like another dystopian series I used to read as a teen, so I hope I like it.
*thanks to Grand Central Publishing via netGalley for giving me access to this title.
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I admit the cover was grabbing my attention when I first came across this on GoodReads. This too is a dystopian novel that, funny enough, reminds me of the same series as the one above. I've said it before, I'm not a big fan of dystopia, but I'm giving these two a chance.
*thanks to HarperCollins via netGalley for giving me access to this title.
Bought:
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Yes, you are seeing right, it is a finished copy of Clockwork Prince. No, I haven't read it yet. Why? I simply haven't had time yet. Oh, you mean why I have a copy? Well, for some unknown reason one of my regular bookshop haunts here in Germany had two copies and you can't blame a girl for buying it when she sees it on a shelf, can you? This is the UK Collector's Edition which includes the letter Will wrote to his family on his seventeenth birthday and the short story Burning Bright, which I have both read and I'm glad to say are great :) Book will be read next month.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I didn't buy this from the book depository, I just have their bookmarks flying around everywhere lol But I have started reading the first 40 pages of this one, mainly because it is a published NaNo book but also because I adore the idea of a night circus, same as night markets, and while there hasn't been much of a circus yet I can still say that the story starts off brilliantly and that I can't wait to continue reading :)
So, that's it from me this month.
My NaNo project if failing miserable this year, which is sad because I liked my idea a lot, and I'm sick as death on holidays at the moment, so cheer me up and show me what you've got in your mailboxes, please!
The Book Shop Assistant

Oh this reminds me I still haven't read Night Circus! I hope you like it the reviews are great!
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
A FINISHED COPY OF CLOCKWORK PRINCE!!!! You are one extremely lucky girl! This is quite possibly the awesomest IMM this week! :D
ReplyDeleteNight Circus looks really awesome too, I had no idea it was a Nano book! I need to buy it soon, I really want to read it.
Great IMM! :)
Enjoy your books,
-Ashley
My IMM