Thursday, 8 September 2011

Book Review: Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

Title:
Sometimes It Happens
Author:
Lauren Barnholdt
Source:
Publisher
Publication History:
US Hardback July 12th 2011 by Simon & Schuster
US Kindle July 12th 2010 by Simon Pulse
Genre:
YA Fiction
Rating:
5/5*****


Review:
I read this book within 2 days because I was running out of my license. But I would have finished SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS in the same time anyway, because it was great. Told in turns from hindsight and in the present, Sometimes It Happens tells the story of how Hannah's boyfriend cheated on her and in the process of grieving and coming back to normalcy she falls for her best friend's boyfriend instead.
Barnholdt has a beautiful way of describing the different dynamics between the characters. While at the beginning everything seems shiny and perfect, throughout the story the reader starts to realise that all isn't well between the friends and sometimes things really just happen. There are so many things that Hannah, Ava and Noah could have done differently - but they didn't. And so things happened.
SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS is a beautiful study of a friendship that slowly falls apart and a sweet love that starts against the odds.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Sometimes It Happens, too. Actually it's one of those books that I definitely need to get a finished copy of soon. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...