Sunday, 11 March 2012

In My Mailbox #33 [where a 10 years mystery gets solved]

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.


Hello back!
Last week there was no mailbox here because I had only one book and I thought I'd save it. Also, there have been no posts last week because I was busy in the real world. There will be more posts again this week though, promise :) Okay, so here we go, my mailbox:

New On The Shelves:
eARCs:

I really, really enjoyed The Girl in the Steel Corset, the first book of The Steampunk Chronicles; it was the perfect mix of Victorian London, steampunk and supernatural elements. And now the second book is finally, finally on netGalley and I'm so happy I got a copy. So can't wait to dig in.
TGitCC takes us from London to New York where Jasper is trying to save the life of the girl he loves.
*thanks to HarlequinTeen via netGalley for this eARC.

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Over the past few weeks I have been seriously obsessed with road trips. And while this is not exactly a road trip, the summary does have the same feel of moving away from oneself, meet new people and rediscover who you really are in the process. This has been on netGalley for a while and got some awesome reviews from other bloggers I trust, so I'll give it a go :)
*thanks to Random House Children's via netGalley for this eARC.

Bought:

Timeless by Gail Carriger
This is the 5th and last book of The Parasol Protectorate series. I have read books 1-3 and number 4 is on my reading pile. Carriger is a brilliant writer with a rapier wit and I can't wait to see how this story ends :)

Special Net Force: Fluchtwege by Tom Clancy
This is a German 3-books-volume of Tom Clancy's YA series Net Force Explorers. I may be wrong but I think it has never been very successful, at least in Germany, and it went out of publication very quickly. I used to read these when I was still a teen and somehow I missed one of the 3-book-volumes. Now I finally found the missing one on amazon marketplace and I think I now have all 18 books *happy*
EDIT: Apparently book 4 is still missing. *grrr*
MORE EDITS: After some research I found out that the 4th book has been published as the 2nd volume in the adult series Net Force o.O Stupid German Publisher *shakes fist* My dad even has that book and I've been looking for the missing book for 10 years!!! *sighs*

Torn by Amanda Hocking
This is book two in the Trylle trilogy. I haven't read book one yet but I'm planning to read all three together, so no reason for a bad conscience. :) Book three comes out in April.

My only contemporary YA this month, I'm afraid. But I'm really looking forward to this one, it sounds like a cute romantic read when you never say never :)

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
I have heard so many great things about this book and I have to agree, it didn't disappoint! This is the UK edition of the first book in the Charley Davidson series and Charley is a kick-ass heroine! She is the Grim Reaper, helping the departed to cross over, with a PI bureau for those who have things to do before they can cross. Her first case in this series is the murder of three lawyers and a brain-dead inmate who's life support is about to be switched off (no saying more on this^^). While this isn't strictly YA, Charley is 27 and the book has some graphic content, I still consider it suitable for older teens (and who the hell is to say that twentysomethings aren't young adults, eh?)
Shelfability: Aquire!

I have revved about this book before and after reading it I'm still in full support! This is a short story/ novella collection with tales from Marr's Wicked Lovely world as well as some other faerie worlds, but all with Marr's trademark world building. I really enjoyed reading these stories, especially Love Struck (which I already knew), The Sleeping Girl and the Summer King, Merely Mortal (another known one) and Unexpected Family.
Shelfability: Covet.

Forgiven by Jana Oliver
The UK edition of the 3rd book in the Demon Trappers series. I so can't wait to get started on this one, Forbidden left of with such a dire outlook on the future and I really need to know what happens next: with the demons, Riley's dad and of course Riley's many boyfriends :) NEED-TO-READ-NOW!!!

Another German book. This one I found on sale at my local book store. The title means Fried Potatoes for Tina Turner. Brenda Stumpf has been a back stage cook for many, many years and in this book she tells some of the hair-raising tales happening during that time. I have worked back stage at many gigs, too, so I hope I get some good laughs out of this^^


Okay lovelies, that's that. It's been a big load, two books are still missing from my bd-order, there's one book I've seen that I will definitely pick up next week and I'm still waiting for two ARCs from netGalley, but other than that I hope I have everything for this month.
On a final note: I'm happy to report that I got some reply-letters from The Month of Letters Challenge! I will answer asap :)


9 comments:

  1. Aah, so many awesome books! Can't wait to read THE GIRL IN THE CLOCKWORK COLLAR, THE FINE ART OF TRUTH OR DARE, start the TRYLLE series and continue the DEMON TRAPPERS series. :D

    Enjoy all of these! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanderlove was really good! I just finished The Girl in the Clockwork Collar last night. It was amazing! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome mailbox! I can't wait to read The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, I hope it's amazing! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare looks so good!!! Hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanderlove! People raved about this book - so happy you go it! Yay for Forgiven! I still need to read Book 2 of that series...and yay for Torn! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mailbox is full of goodness! I seriously need to start the Demon Trappers series---looks really fun. I still have decided whether to read Torn or Clockwork Collar---I liked both first books, but didn't love them. I hope you enjoy all of these lovely books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you that WANDERLOVE is one of the greatest books I've ever read!! Enjoy;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay!! You have some great books. I cant wait to get started on The Girlnin the Clockwork Collar! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "First Grave on the Right" is on my wish list. I love kick-butt characters.

    I mailed you a letter and bookmark on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...