Sunday, 28 October 2012

Book & Love Letters #46 [Life Signs]


Books & Love Letters is a weekly post in which I discuss all the books I received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, swapped ect...), tell you what I've read and reviewed and showcase all the pretty letters that come to my mailbox.
Lovely Laura from The Traveling Owl lent the name and hosts the original Books & Love Letters post.

Hello Readers and Fellow Bloggers!
Wow, this week went by completely without me. Work is killing me - we're closer to Christmas than you think and people are buying books like crazy - but I learn a lot and I'm having fun so all is good in my part of the world :) How are you guys doing?

New On The Shelves
Borrowed:
So I didn't buy anything new this week, despite the constant temptation, but I borrowed some books from the store's employee ARCs shelf.

Grischa. Goldene Flammen by Leigh Bardugo
This is the German edition of Bardugo's Shadow and Bone. It has been recommended to me by many friends, I like good fantasy every once in a while, and so I'm going to give this one a try. I hope it lives up to expectations!

Ich Soll Nicht Töten by Barry Lyga
This is Lyga's I Hunt Killers in German. Oddly the German title is one of the Ten Commandments: I shall not murder. I almost didn't recognise the title on the shelf but then luckily I did and now I'm looking forward to something not-paranormal to read :D BIG WIN!

Düsteres Verlangen by Kenneth Oppel
The German edition of Oppel's This Dark Endeavor. I had to have this when I saw it on our shelf! I've been eying it online for quite a while already, read a German teaser and now I borrowed myself a reading copy. I quite like a gothic tale every once in a while and I can't wait to get started on this one!
*thanks to the Book Shop and Carlsen, blanvalet and Beltz & Gelberg!

Recently Read
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan: I really enjoyed this one! I fancied myself to have an imaginary friend, too, when I was a kid and I still wish she had been real. Anyway, Unspoken was a fantastic read with great twists and turns, a breath-taking showdown and a heart-breaking finale and I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment!
Shelfability: Covet.

Giveaway Winner!
My House Of Night Store Poster giveaway ended last night and the winner is: SABINA!
You have been emailed!

Alright people, that's it from me! I hope you had a lovely week!
Leave a comment!


5 comments:

  1. I love the German cover of Shadow & Bone! Gorgeous! Glad you enjoyed Unspoken---but yea, that ending. OUCH. I couldn't believe it ended like that!

    Have a great week, Nickey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see covers of editions in different languages. I like your 'Shadow and Bone' more than original. :)

    You can see my haul from last week here.

    Happy reading!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice collection of books as always! :)

    I have a small questions concerning something completely different. I sent you a letter in July and I just wonder if you have received it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A match made in heaven your book collection is really astounding

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...