New books & reviews, blog series & memes, and the odd, random blurb from me...
Monday, 30 January 2012
Calling All Letter Romantics!
See all those beautiful letters above? I found them this Saturday in a shoe box on top of my wardrobe. I used to have a myriad of pen-pals when I was younger, from all over the world. These letters here are from Belarus, Malawi and Australia.
Unfortunately all these relationships fell away when I started university. I still have two best friends living far away and I write to them as often as possible. But I miss hand-writing letters every day and when I found these letters I wished I still had more pen-pals.
Yesterday, while going through my blog subscriptions, I came across this link, and what I found there made my day: The Month of Letters Challenge! Quite obviously, I signed up immediately. BUT, I need more people to write to. So, if you want a letter or postcard from me (I might even add little items), all you have to do is fill out the form below ^_^
Everybody should participate! Writing letters is an art and it would be a shame if it died out!
The Month of Letters Challenge 2012 has now ended. Please come participate again in February 2013!
Thank you to all who have made this month special!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh! I hope this challenge comes out again as I'm at the tail end. I simply adore snail mail! I had a pen pal for over two decades, but she hasn't written as much since having a baby.
ReplyDeleteI'll definitely do it again next year. And your address was recorded, so you definitely get a letter from me :)
Delete