Hello again :) It appears that at the moment I have a bit more to blog, netGalley is amazing at the moment, and I hope that by next week I will start posting reviews again. It feels very nice to be back.
Thanks to everybody who stopped by last week!
Recently Read:
Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen: Ah, I love Sarah Dessen's books, just can't get enough of those. This one was great, too! Perhaps not her best, but definitely still great.
Shelfability: Acquire.
The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan: I was kinda disappointed with this one. I heard a lot of great things but somehow, while it written in a very gripping way, the plot and the characters just didn't do it for me.
Shelfability: Borrow.
Divergent by Veronica Roth: This was recommended to me by three different people and various blogs. Still I kept saying 'no' because I don't like dystopia. Well, I'm glad one of my fellow bloggers was persistent - short: it was FANTASTIC!
Shelfability: Covet.
Review to come.
The Demon Lover [ARC] by Juliet Dark: This one was great, too! A total guilty pleasure, but a pleasure indeed^^ I found the mythological aspects behind the story very interesting. Can't wait for #2!
Shelfability: Acquire.
Review to come.
New On The Shelves:
eARCs:
Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter
I really liked The Goddess Test and I enjoy everything that has to do with death deities. TGT left off with a relatively happy ending but also with Kate's lingering doubts, the temptation that is James and Henry's secrets. I'm really happy this was on netGalley because I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz
This is the sequel to Spellbound, in which the starcrossed lovers Emma and Brendan had to fight an ancient curse that was threatening to to rip them apart as soon as they found each other. Needless to say it had a dramatic yet happy ending and the epilogue already clued us in that the next volume would be more about Emma's growing witch powers. And so it is. I've already finished this book and it was good. A little too slow at the beginning and not nearly enough Ethan for me, but the ending was pretty awesome. More please!
Shelfability: Acquire.
Review coming soon.
The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens
It's been a week of ARC sequels for me, because this is the second book in The Graveyard Queen series. I've already explained how exited I am about this book on Wednesday and I still am. The Kingdom sees Amelia Grey in a new graveyard in a new town and I'm totally on my toes to see how the last book and Amelia's complicated romantic life tie in with that. I will start reading tonight.
*thanks to Harlequin via netGalley for giving me access to all three titles!
Bought:
Original Sin by Lisa DesRochers
Another sequel. This is the follow up to Personal Demons, where Heaven and Hell both try to win Frannie Cavanaugh's soul. I was very happy to see a demon winning her heart and Heaving winning her soul. However, Hell is not happy about loosing two prized possessions and now they're back to drag both Frannie and Luc down to hell. Bring it on, I'd say!
The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Originally I meant to wait until the release of the paperback. Then I found a signed copy of this in my fav bookstore and abandoned all the other plans. I'm glad I did because I'm sure already that this will be among the top 5 reads for me this year. The book is amazing - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The topic is very close to my heart and I sure spent the last 100 pages crying my heart out. My mum said I looked like hell when I turned the last page. READ IT!
Shelfability: COVET!!!
Review to come.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I've been impatiently waiting for this book for over half a year and finally, finally I got my copy. Falling in love at the airport because you missed your flight. I used to fly back and fourth between London and Germany four times a year while I still lived in London so yeah, this is such a must read!
Okay, that's it from me this week. Shorter, I promised ;)
See you next week. Leave a comment.

I really enjoyed Lock and Key. I'm reading Goddess Interrupted now and it's really good. I hope to read Spellcaster next! I hope that you enjoy your new books!
ReplyDeleteKristina
Ladybug Storytime
I still need to read all of the first books for these, but I wouldn't mind adding the sequels to my shelves so I can dive straight into them after. I like the Original Sin cover a lot better than the Personal Demons one.
ReplyDeleteThe Statistical Probablity of Love at First Sight is like at the top of my tbr list!!!! Hope you love it. And can you believe I STILL need to read The Goddess Test??!?! *sigh* will get to it eventually!!! Great haul. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteJaskirat~SeeitORreadit
Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!
Oh I hope you'll enjoy The Statistic Probability of Love at First Sight more than I did! And I hope that my copy of TFIOS will arrive soon, because I might kill someone if it doesn't. XDDD
ReplyDeleteGreat haul! Happy Reading,
Patricia
(Und eigentlich hätte ich auch auf Deutsch kommentieren können, oder? >_<)
I really want to read Goddess Interrupted and Spellcaster! I loved the first ones and I hope the sequels are just as good! I'll probably read the Fault in Our Stars next! I hope I'll love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
ReplyDeleteCrystal @ Elegantly Bound Books
Yeah for the Fault in our Stars! It was amazing!
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading!
Em
My IMM
A Beautiful Madness
The Fault in Our Stars is every where this week! Sounds awesome. I still have all the first in series of the other ones you have. Great IMM this week.
ReplyDeleteCome check out my IMM
Great set! So cool that you got Statistical Probability. I got Goddess Interrupted too. Excited for it.
ReplyDeleteMy IMM
Great haul this week, I'm excited to dive into Statisitcal Probability C:
ReplyDeleteShorskie's IMM
I can't wait to read The Fault in Our Stars, I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by my IMM.
ReplyDeleteAnge @ The Moonlight Reader