Sunday, 10 June 2012

Books & Love Letters #42 [NaNoWriMo week One]

Books & Love Letters is a weekly post in which I discuss all the books I received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, swapped ect...), tell you what I've read and reviewed and showcase all the pretty letters that come to my mailbox.
Lovely Laura from The Traveling Owl lent the name and hosts the original Books & Love Letters post.


Hi everybody! It's so nice to be back here. I spent most of last week in a writing cave, hence the lack of actual reviews. I haven't read much, just a few pages, but I have written enormous 15,000 words and I start to really like my story.
Book-wise I had a really great week no less, with four ARCs and a win, I had the gorgeous cover of Victoria Schwab's new book The Archived on my blog and the trailer of Maggie Stiefvater's upcoming book The Raven Boys!

New On The Shelves
eARCs:

Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
Oh, I've been on the look-out for this one! I sounds dark and gritty and full of sinister creatures and struggling demon hunters. It sounds a little bit like The Demon Trappers Series + twist of classic super hero. It sounds like it will look awesome on my "demon hunters shelf" once I buy a finished copy :)
*thanks to Disney*Hyperion via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC!

Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel
Finally, the sequel to Dearly, Departed! I can't wait to find out what's happening next to Nora & Bram, the zombies & Dr. Dearly, and Pam & the people in New London! I loved everything about Dearly, Departed and most of all I love this awesome mix of victorian times setting in the future + zombie invasion! :)
And can I just say these covers are awesome?!
*thanks to Del Rey via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

Bought/ Gifted:

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
There was a lot of loud squealing involved when I finally had this ARC in my mail! I found it in the same charity shop I also got Imaginary Girls from and I'm always too happy to donate for good causes :)
Because lost of people have asked last time, the charity shop is 
I've been dying to read this and as you can see, I already squeezed a few pages into my tight writing schedule! I love the Poe story this is based on and I can't wait to fully dig in! :)

Across The Universe by Beth Revis
I got this from the lovely Sarah @ Miss Page-Turners and I never feel like I've thanked her enough for just passing it on to me! YOU ARE AMAZING, SARAH!
I can't believe I haven't read this before and it's on top of my tbr pile now! :)

Nova Ren Suma Appreciation Squeal!
I still can't believe I've won Nova's awesome giveaway for a signed and personalised copy of FADE OUT and got my funny blurb about Helena Bonham Carter published on her blog!
Nova and Helena are two fine women I admire for their work and the amount of happy dance involved when I found out I won this is something I shouldn't talk too much about...
THANK YOU NOVA REN SUMA!!!


Recent Blog Activity:
Books & Love Letters: #41 [Proud to be a Word Warrior!]
Cover Reveal + Excerpt: The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Book Trailer Premiere: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Waiting on Wednesday: #33 Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn

CampNaNoWriMo
CampNaNo is still going great, despite the current disruptions due to F1 weekend and football championship... I'm just over 15k words and the story is starting to develop nicely. I love my MCs, the crazy forest with its zombies, killer flowers and invisible birds, and the prospect of reaching Float soon :)
For more info about my book, story snippets and random thoughts on writing go to Red Couch Therapist!

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, that's it from me for this week, I'll be heading back into the writing cave now. Leave me a nice comment, something to look forward to, and see you all next week!



15 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the cover for Dearly Beloved. Great haul this week! Enjoy your goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I love Masque Of the Red Death it's so chilling! And congrats on the 15k, I'm currently at 19k! I'm getting there very slowly!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- lucky lucky you! I want to read Dearly, Beloved so bad!
    I love the look of Masque of the Red Death as well. Nice book haul this week!
    And congratulation on the writing- 15000 words is excellent. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..Dark Star? Dearly, Beloved? Masque of Red Death? I'm dying to read those 3 books! :) Hope you like them all, Nickey.

    Here's bookish haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG DARK STAR?! *flails* I"m sooooooooo looking forward to that one!!!! It looks like it's going to be AMAZING!!! Great haul this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Looks like you got a lot of great books this week!

    Hope you enjoy all your books! New Follower!

    Here is my IMM

    Kelley Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of Dearly, Beloved! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really looking forward to Masque of the Red Death, and Dark Star sounds like fun!

    I'm also doing Camp NaNoWriMo:)

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your new books look great! I enjoyed Across the Universe and I'm hoping to get to Masque soon. Dark Star looks amazing as well! :D Congrats on taking on CampNanowrimo---sounds like a fun story that you're writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Across the Universe is next on my TBR! Can't wait to read it! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all of the awesome progress! I just saw the cover you made on Laura's blog and I was stunned, it is gorgeous!!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh, great books! I loved Masque of the Red Death, and can't wait to start on Dearly, Beloved. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for cheering me on in CampNaNo!
    You have no idea how much that means to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...