Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #34

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

I am excitedly awaiting the release of:

Tiger Lily
by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Publication Date: July 3rd 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen











Summary (courtesy to Goodreads):
Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .
Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.
Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.
With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

Why I want to read this:
Whenever I read the synopsis for Tiger Lily I get this really funny feeling in my stomach (I think you call it Butterflies) and I'm thinking OMG OMG is it JULY 2012 yet? If you have this feeling constantly for six months you know how my stomach feels right now. Peter Pan is, together with Alice in Wonderland, my most beloved fairy tale and I just cannot wait to read more about him, Neverland and now finally Tiger Lily!
Plus the cover is really gorgeous! I love the colours and the simple, white writing - speaks to me! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I want to read Tigerlily too! I featured it in last week's WoW. I absolutely adore that cover and I also like the fact that it's from Tinkerbell's POV! Can't wait!

    A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so interesting. I hadn't heard of it until now but It sounds so good!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've heard of this book. although i'm not a peter pan fan, i'm intrigued by tiger lily and her story.

    awesome pick!!

    My WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeee! This is one of my absolute MUST HAVE books for this year! I can't wait! I'll be heading to my nearest book store on the morning of July 3rd, and they better have it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay, great pick! This book sounds SO interesting. I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike! I'm looking forward to it coming out. Thanks for stopping by!

    Arianna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiger Lily looks amazing! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...