Thursday, 5 July 2012

Cover Appreciation: 17 & GONE by Nova Ren Suma

The cover and synopsis were revealed last week, actually, while I was still in the writing cave and not blogging. So this is not a "reveal"-post, it's an appreciation post!
I fell in love with Nova Ren Suma's writing after finishing Imaginary Girls. I loved the haunting creepiness of the set up and that I was never quite sure about what was real and what not.
So I am more than happy to have the cover and synopsis of Suma's new book on my blog today:

"Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And . . . is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything."
Cover & Synopsis taken from Distraction no. 99

17 & Gone sounds just as creepy and mind-boggling as Imaginary Girls! Missing girls, waking nightmares (those words alone would hook me), a brush with death and a shocking truth? This book is already in the top 5 of my most anticipated 2013 books!
And I love, love, love the cover! The orangy-red, the shifting light and the silhouette of a girl have the feel of a fading memory, there yet illusive, and the Missing Person report enhances that, makes the memory more urgent.
And I love the reflections of light on/around the 17, it's blinking is enticing and luring, yet still the memory is out of reach.

March 21st 2013 can't come fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. Nova Ren Suma really lucks out with her covers---they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds interesting!
    Alvie @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...