Books & Love Letters is a weekly post in which I discuss all the books I received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, swapped ect...), tell you what I've read and reviewed and showcase all the pretty letters that come to my mailbox.
Lovely Laura from The Traveling Owl lent the name and hosts the original Books & Love Letters post.
Hey everybody, I'm baaaaaack!
I'm so, so sorry I completely disappeared on all of you, but CampNaNo pretty much ate my soul and I wrote every day for the past three weeks! I finished this session with a staggering 53,130 words! And a really pretty first half of a story I love! I'll do the same again in August and you can head over to Red Couch Therapist for thoughts on writing, snippets from my book and updates on my progress, but until then I'll be back here, blogging about books as much as possible!
This post is going to span the past three weeks, so don't freak out over the amount of books I got LOL
New On The Shelves
Bought:
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
Ah, another Dessen book! Love Sarah Dessen! I have all her newer ones and I'm slowly but surely trying to get her first books together, too. The change in covers had had a bad timing and so I'm glad I got this one still with the old cover! Seriously, if you love the new covers and want to sell your older US paperback copies, talk to me! :)
Endure by Carrie Jones
Aww, the last book in the Need Pixies series. I'm really sad to see this one go, I loved it so much! But I'm also excited to finally find out how Zara, Nick and Astley's story is going to end!
Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning
I recently finished Adorkable and I loved it so much I had to get another Manning book. I scrolled through her back catalogue and found this one. It's about Molly from the band Duckie, which has made an appearance in Adorkable, so the two are companions, kind of. Cn't wait to read it!
Until I Die by Amy Plum
Ahhh, I've been waiting for ages to get my hands on this book. I didn't want to request an ARC of it because I knew I was going to buy it anyway and here it is, finally! :) More Kate & Vincent ^_^ and it looks like the stakes are much higher than before! Let's hope they all get out alive!
The Game of Triumphs by Laura Power
Another book I have been waiting for for ages! It sounds like it's 100% made for me. A real-life card game that intwines with your life and makes you a live player in a battle between modern day London and an ancient alternate reality. Every card can bring you luck and fortune or lethal dangers and misery!
One of my older NaNo books is very much like this in the synopsis and I'm curious to see how similar they really are! :)
Dreams by Daniela Sacerdoti
This was part of the Book Depository Summer Solstice sale. Sarah Midnight's parents are demon hunters and when they die under mysterious circumstances it's for her to take over the torch.
This looks like a fine addition to my demon hunters shelf! :)
Recent Blog Activity
None, due to CampNaNoWriMo
Alright guys, this is it from me. I still need to put the finishing touches to the last chapter of my book, before my critique partner is biting off my head lol
See you next week!

Oh congratulations on finishing CampNaNo and writing more than 50k!
ReplyDeleteI have never read a Sarah Dessen novel, but I heard great things about her writing. I tend to dislike cover redesings, because I like it if the copies I own match.
Hope you'll enjoy reading and thanks for stopping by :)
Someone Like You and Guitar Gifl are both excellent. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
ReplyDeleteI need to get Endure too. I still haven't read Entice yet though. Great stuff this week.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my mailbox.
Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
Wow there are some really cool books in that haul. I hope you enjoy reading them all and well done for writing that much in such a short space of time. I'll try and check out the Red Couch Therapist blog soon.
ReplyDeleteHere's my IMM if you get a chance to check it out - http://peeringoverthepages.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-8.html?showComment=1341164280584
Happy Reading,
Charlotte
That is a lot of writing- way to go!!! I see you have Until I Die there, I absolutely loved that book!
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading My IMM
Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower
Great haul, Nickey! I still need to read Until I Die---loved the first book! Dreams looks so good! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on winning Camp Nanowrimo, i stopped halfway! Awesome books, i love the cover of Dreams! I still need to read Amy Plums books! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteLetterbox Love!
I want Until I Die so bad! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteNew follower. :)
My IMM
Oooo, CampNaNo sounded like fun. I wish I could have participated, but my new job got in the way. I did NaNoWriMo last year and had a blast- can't wait to do it this coming November. I hope you'll join our ranks then, too! You got some great books this week- I'm curious about Someone Like You. I'll have to look into it. I'm not big into Sarah Dessen (though I've only read one of her books) but I think I need to give her another try. Here's my IMM: http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-1.html
ReplyDelete~Shelby @ Gobs and Gobs of Books
*happy sigh* I just love those new covers for Sarah Dessen's books. And I need to see more praise on Until I Die so I feel encouraged to FINALLY get to my ARC. xD
ReplyDelete— Asher @ Paranormal Indulgence