Sunday, 7 August 2011

In My Mailbox #20

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

eARCs:

Bite Me by Parker Blue
I saw this on netGalley and I was in a Demon hunting mood that afternoon so I downloaded it on a whim.
*thanks to Bell Bridge Books via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
I think I have read about this book on another blog, though I can't remember where for the life of me, and it sounds like a pretty good contemporary :)
*thanks to Knopf Books via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.


Bought:

Dream Dark by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I guess that we're all waiting for Beautiful Chaos and this is an actual novella with chapters and everything, so for the first time I was willing to pay for an e-book o.O I hope it is as good as the summary makes it sound :)

Class by Cecily von Ziegesar
This is the British re-publication of Cum Laude. As you can see I'm in the middle of reading it and, usually I don't do this but, this book is as bad as the other reviews claim. It's von Ziegesar's first book since she finished Gossip Girl (nope, It Girl and The Carlyles weren't hers) and it is so sloppily written it brings me to tears. The first few pages had me smirking because I believed this to be a parody, but apparently it's not and after a while it gets just dull and drags itself on and on without any real plot... And this is all the review you're going to get from me.


So, that's my mailbox this week.
I finished CampNaNoWriMo last week with 50,053 words, which means another win for me (YAY) and I tumbled right into the next Camp month and am just about 10k in now :) I will try to put up some reviews soon, I know I've been slacking...
Until then, tell me: What is in your mailboxes this week?

11 comments:

  1. Bite Me and Graffiti Moon sound really good. Shame about Class - I think I'll give that one a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nickey I wanted to buy "Dream Dark" but can you believe that Amazon is trying to sell it for $8.99 AUS!!! It's only $1.99 when bought using a US Amazon acn! Looking forward to your thoughts on it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bite Me sounds alright. I just realised I already had it and forgot all about it, so I'll to give it a read. Dream Dark has a cool cover. I haven't tried that series, but I might borrow it from the library some time. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Dream Dark and Graffiti Moon too! I was super excited to see Graffiti Moon on netgalley and downloaded it last night. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graffiti Moon, I've heard such good things about it! :) And wow... I didn't actually know von Ziegesar could write things other than Gossip Girl. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice dear. I like your choices. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your books nickey!! and congrats on completing campnanowrimo. happy reading :)

    My IMM this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on completing CampNaNoWriMo! Good job!
    And nice IMM too! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the 3 books by Parker Blue but not read them on my netgalley, I must!! So much to read, sometimes hard to choose order. Grafitti Moon sounds interesting.

    Enjoy!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great IMM! Graffti Moon looks great and I like the Gossip Girl Series as well.
    Happy Reading.

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nickey! :) I've been seeing Graffiti Moon everywhere! I have to check it out in goodreads.
    So lucky! You have Dream Dark. I'm dying to read that one! :)

    Following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...