![]() |
| ARC |
The Kingdom
Series:
The Graveyard Queen #2
Author:
Amanda Stevens
Source:
ARC, Publisher via netGalley
Publication History:
US Paperback March 27th 2012 by MIRA
Genre:
Myster/ Thriller, Supernatural
Review:
There was a lot of squealing when this showed up on netGalley and I got my request approved. And THE KINGDOM was really, really great! Even better than The Restorer. Stevens has a way to really raise the hair at the back of your neck and I've been thoroughly creeped out. Amelia Grey is a fascinating character for me and I absolutely love the way her story is continued and enriched in the second book.
In The Kingdom Amelia accepts a restoration request from a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains, partly to forget what happened in Oak Grove Cemetery, partly to get as far away from Devlin as possible. But Asher Falls is far from a normal town and before she knows better, Amelia is right in the middle of a web of old secrets, lies and evil magic.
I was sad to see so very little of Devlin but the way the plot continued more than made up for that. On the one hand there is Thane Asher to distract from Devlin's absence, and on the other is the enormous secret Amelia uncovers about herself in Asher Falls. I admit that I had some things figured out after about 150 pages but still Stevens' plot had enough elements to keep me glued to the pages and I loved to see my guesses fall into place with the rest of the puzzle.
Once again Stevens created a truly chilling atmosphere that gave me one actual nightmare (all I'm saying is graveyard bells under a lake and creeping mist), a hot man with too many dark secrets and a story arc that leaves you begging for more.
Whole-heartedly recommended!
Whole-heartedly recommended!
Shelfability: Covet.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey