Sunday, 22 April 2012

In My Mailbox #35 (the ARCs Flood is coming...)

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.


Holy Mother of Destruction! Until Saturday morning I had two little eARCs I was going to tell you about. Then the postman called and when I went online to tell the author that her package arrived safely I found another five (!) eARCs in my mailbox o.O I had pretty much given up on those already and now I feel like I'm drowning in books... You've seen my "little" pile last week... errrm... I was very grateful to hear that I'm not the only one with a pile like that, btw!^^ But I'm so excited about all these books and I can't wait to tell you about them :) So here we go:

New On The Shelves:
ARCs:
Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby
This has been on my wish list for quite a while. A teen celebrity photographer, a teen superstar/heartthrob and a retreat facility - in my book that adds up to a funny and romantic love story with lots of depth and teenage wisdom!
Thanks so much to Allison Rushby for sending me this Review Copy!



eARCs:

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
This is book one in the Lynburn Legacy series and my first Brennan book (yes, shame on me). It's about a girl with a voice in her head, an imaginary friend so to say. That is until the Lynburns move back into her town and suddenly her imaginary friend isn't quite so imaginary anymore. 
This sounds like a really good mystery to me and I do like imaginary friends that aren't quite so imaginary after all ;) Really looking forward to this!

New Girl by Paige Harbison
I heard about this before but now it showed up at netGalley with a new cover that caught my eye so I checked it out a second time and requested it. It's a retelling of Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca about a girl taking up a spot at a prestigious school when another girl goes missing.
A lot my trusted bloggers have already read it and I'm looking forward to reading it too.

Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
Yay, a contemporary! This again sounds like a lot of fun and just perfect for a hot summer night! I really can't wait for summer :)

Hanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield
I really had to have this when I first saw Hanging by a Thread on netGalley. It's a paranormal murder mystery about a girl who can see people's pasts when she touches their clothes. People have been disappearing from her town on the 4th of July for two years now and the day is nearing again.
I love this kind of creepy mysteries and can't wait to get started on this one!

Velveteen by Daniel Marks
I don't really remember where I first heard about this book. But this time it was definitely the summary that got me. A murdered girl is stuck in purgatory and hell-bent on taking revenge on her murderer. So she starts haunting him - to the extent that she is threatening the very foundation of purgatory. But she doesn't care - that it until she meets another soul.
Really looking forward to this one!

Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowan
This looked like extreme-guilty-pleasure to me when I first saw it. An angel, a demon, a girl, a kiss and the end of the world. Do I need to say more? Yes please, all for me :)

The Little Woods by McCormick Templeman
Another creepy murder mystery set a boarding school. A girl starts at the boarding school where her sister died a few years earlier. At first the school seems normal but then the creepy incidents start piling up.
I quite like that kind of story premises and although I read some mixed reviews I am excited to get started! :)

Thanks so much to Harlequin via netGalley for access to New Girl and Dark Kiss and Random House Children's for Unspoken, Flirting in Italian, Hanging by a Thread, Velveteen and The Little Woods!

Recently Read:
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross: A lot of readers asked me about this one when I first featured it in IMM and now I can tell you it is really great. It's NOT a re-telling of fairy tales as I originally thought but elements of them are incorporated into an original story that again loosely follows one fairy tale. It's a great book with a little bit of a slow start but a sigh-worthy ending!
Shelfability: Acquire.

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: I really, really enjoyed this one. It came as a netGalley promotion title and Ismae, the protagonist, and I became fast friends. Really this is one of the books that remind me of why I love high fantasy. Read it. Now!
Shelfability: Covet!

Recent Blog Activity:
The ever-growing tbr pile - (Not) In My Mailbox
Waiting on Wednesday #27: Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Phew, what a massive IMM. So many books, so much to tell. I'm exhausted. Quick, leave a comment a tell me what you've got in your mailboxes!
Until next week :)

13 comments:

  1. That's a very awesome pile, my dear! While I didn't receive any books this week (thank God, my tbr-pile's already big enough), I got a few of these eARCs during the last weeks as well and can't wait to start them. :) Hope you'll enjoy everything! ♥

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You sure have your reading cut out for you now! And so many new titles that I haven't heard of. Happy reading though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox this week! Shooting Stars is very cute. I have a lot of the same eARC's and all of them look fantastic! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice selection I got velveteen before, happy reading, here's mine ..http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-27/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome IMM!=D Totally gotta love Netgalley ;)

    Drop by my IMM?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh Velveteen!! I really want to read that one :D It looks crazy cool! Awesome haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great selection. I want to read Velveteen.

    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice mailbox! I love eARCs because they're so convenient, and Dark Kiss looks awesome. Enjoy!


    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read Dark Kiss :)

    My IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! I haven't read Sarah Rees Brennan either. I really want to get to her books ASAP.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Grave Mercy and Dark Kiss. I keep hearing great things about Grave Mercy and I love the cover and theme on Dark Kiss. Here is my post: IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mailbox! Oh, the cover of Little Woods is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...