Books & Love Letters is a weekly post in which I discuss all the books I received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, swapped ect...), tell you what I've read and reviewed and showcase all the pretty letters that come to my mailbox.
Lovely Laura from The Traveling Owl lent the name and hosts the original Books & Love Letters post.
Hello there! Wow, what a week and what a DAY! Today is mother's day in Germany (HI MUM!!!), it's Formula 1 GP in Barcelona and Harbour Birthday in Hamburg! So don't be upset with me if comment replies take a while! Still love you guys! ;)
But my book week has been spectacular, too! Check out below what I got this week:
New On The Shelves
Bought/ Won:
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
I read this one pretty much a year ago as an ARC from netGalley and really loved it. Unfortunately the paperback that was announced got pulled and so I had to wait a whole year to add it to my shelves. But the new paperback has The Strange Case of Finley Jane as a bonus story and I love that Harlequin put it in the beginning of the book - where a prequel usually belongs :) Yay!
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, the second book in the series, is on netGalley right now.
Shelfability: Acquire.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Yay, I finally got my own copy of Insurgent! It's HarperCollins' pretty Export edition and almost the same size as my old UK edition of Divergent. I love my covers matched and hated to see that the UK ones were changed (these are much prettier!). I was already worried that I'd have to wait a year to get to read Insurgent but thanks to Sarah @ Miss Page-Turners I found this edition and I'm more than happy with it!
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
I have been dying to read this book! Ever since I read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight I have J.E. Smith on my radar and this absolutely gorgeous paperback edition just got released. I am really in love with with this cover, especially the softness of the colours! And the story is awesome, too! Once again Smith has managed to create two absolutely likable characters and a sense of need to travel that I haven't seen matched yet.
Shelfability: Covet!
7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker
Another YA contemporary to mark the beginning of summer - yes summer is my contemps time :) I've seen this one around in the bloggosphere and it sounded cute and like a lot of fun so I let it take the last slot in my May order :)
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
I won this one from Ange @ The Moonlight Reader in her Pre-Order Giveaway - yay, thanks Ange! It's so huge and thick I thought I got a flagstone delivered when the postman carried it up - he made a face as if he thought the same. LOL
Although I haven't been too happy about CoFA I have heard some good things about this one and I really hope to fall back in love with the series all over again :)
Recently Read:
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith: Yes, that's the only book I read last week. I have been waiting for You Are Here for forever and didn't want to squeeze anything else in. I really, really enjoyed this book. As I said above, Smith has a way of capturing the feel and need for traveling that I haven't see anywhere else before. Both main characters, Emma & Peter, are absolutely great and leave an impression right from the start. I laughed a lot and shed tears and in the end I was wiser again. Great book!
Shelfability: Covet!
Recent Blog Activity:
In My Mailbox: #37 [the waiting issue]
Book Review: Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Waiting on Wednesday #29: Adorkable by Sarra Manning
Phew, I think that's the most links I have ever packed into one post - took forever >.<
So tell me, what do you think of the first issue of my new Sunday post series? Like it, hate it? Leave me a comment and help me make this blog the best it can be!
P.S. Please don't forget to stop by my CampNaNoWriMo page here! Thanks!

we have City of Lost Souls in common <a href="http://krweinert.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/bookish-brag-002.html>this week</a>. I loved Insurgent :) Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I didn't realise that Jennifer E Smith had a new book out, I loved statistical probablility!
ReplyDeleteIf you get a chance pop over to my IMM - http://peeringoverthepages.blogspot.co.uk/
Happy reading,
Charlotte
It seems like everyone got City of Lost Souls this week, lol. I'm behind on the series. I should really catch up so I can see what's going on!
ReplyDeleteNo IMM this week, but maybe you could check out my blog anyways?
Enjoy your reading!
-Danie
You received awesome books this week :D ! I just finished Insurgent a few days ago. And now i'm waiting for my copy of City of Lost Souls I can't wait to read it !
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll like all these books & happy reading :).
I got the INSURGENT hardcover for the same reasons like you and I'm positively surprised that my DIVERGENT UK paperback doesn't really look out of place in between all of my hardbacks. :D Also need to get a finished copy of THE GIRL IN THE STEEL CORSET as well - thanks for reminding me, my dear! Happy reading! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited to finally start my copy of Insurgent!!! It's going to be awesomesauce :D Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up on "You Are Here". So happy that you got "Steel Corset". Love that series. Just finished both books.
ReplyDeleteNew Follow via GFC
WTF Are You Reading?: WTF's In My Mailbox #3
i got insurgent this week too!! super excited for it. i really want to read 7 clues to you because i enjoyed match made in high school so much. awesome books this week. you have a great summer reading ahead of you--happy reading :)
ReplyDeletecheck out the books we got this week.
-michelle
So excited about Insurgent, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading!
Laura @ The Traveling Owl
OMG so many great books! I also got Insurgent but I forgot to include it in my post because my mom is reading it right now, haha! I've had The Girl in the Steel Corset for a very long time and I still haven't read it! *fail* Thanks for visiting!
ReplyDeleteCrystal @ Elegantly Bound Books
Lots going on in Europe. I'm researching Barcelona for book 3 in my Spellbound trilogy and it's given me the travel bug something fierce.
ReplyDeleteHappy reading!
Awesome book haul!! I also got copies of COLS and Insurgent (2nd copies, because I couldn't wait for The Book Depository to ship them lol) Loved both books so much! Hope you will too:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome books this week! I am reading CoLS now. So far, so good. I hope that you enjoy your new books!
ReplyDeleteKristina
Ladybug Storytime
New follower ... Loved Girl in the Steel Corset .. here is my This Weeks Bookings -IMM http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/05/this-weeks-bookings-imm.html
ReplyDeleteInsurgent is really good I just finished it today! And I have to get COLS too soon!!
ReplyDeleteOoh awesome! Girl in the Steel Corset looks really good - I'll definitely have to pick that one up soon. I LOVED Insurgen, too. Enjoy your books! :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your goodies you received this week!! I hope you enjoy COLS!!
ReplyDeleteWow! So many amazing books this week! I still need to read Divergent, so that I can start Insurgent! City of Lost Souls is off to a good start, so far. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!