Books & Love Letters is a weekly post in which I discuss all the books I received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, swapped ect...), tell you what I've read and reviewed and showcase all the pretty letters that come to my mailbox.
Lovely Laura from The Traveling Owl lent the name and hosts the original Books & Love Letters post.
Hello back at The Book Shop Assistant!
My book week has been fantastic - actually my entire week has been great! :)I got my hands on a copy of Sarra Manning's ADORKABLE and omg it's so good! And in the same night I went to see Blood Red Shoes play a gig and they were fantastic too! I really love those guys, seen them a couple of times already, and running into Steve in the crowd was fun - he's such a charmer, love that boy!
New On The Shelves
eARC:
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
I heard some really, really good things about this book from Beta-readers and people who got hardcopy ARCs. So when this popped up on netGalley a few days ago I simply had to grab a copy! My last time-travel book wasn't so great so this one is tied to high expectations :)
I heard some really, really good things about this book from Beta-readers and people who got hardcopy ARCs. So when this popped up on netGalley a few days ago I simply had to grab a copy! My last time-travel book wasn't so great so this one is tied to high expectations :)
*thanks to Disney-Hyperion via netGalley for allowing me access to this ARC!
Bought/ Swag:
Ardorkable by Sarra Manning
Already when I read the synopsis of this book I knew that I was going to love it - a lot! Jeane sounded a lot like the girl I had been in High School - although having her own business makes her a million times cooler than me. And after reading this book in just two days I have to confess a total girl-crush on Jeane Smith! She is brilliant and I adore her to bits! Really, Adorkable is going to be one of my top 5 for 2012!
Edgar Allen Poe journal
I saw this in my local book store and had to have it! I have a real paper obsession and this journal is just perfect for novelling, it's screaming for a creepy story!^^ I especially love the little quotes on the inside :)
Recently Read
Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson: This was a great read. Set in a modern-day finishing school in Italy it makes you want to go on a holiday immediately. And the mystery surrounding protagonist Violet, heart-throb Luca and the di Vesperi family is great too! The plot is pretty straight-forward but it's still a great summer read and the first in a series! Give me more :)
Shelfability: Acquire.
Adorkable by Sarra Manning: Yep, I've already finished it! And it's perfect. I'll stop repeating myself now :)
Shelfability: COVET!
Recent Blog Activity:
Books & Love Letters: #39 [with big news!]
Waiting on Wednesday #31: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Book Review: Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Blog Tour Stop: Spellbound Series by Nikki Jefford with Guest Post + Giveaway
Alright, ladies and gentleman, this is it! I hope I have been able to infect you with my Adorkable-Mania and you're rushing off to buy the book :) But don't forget to leave a comment!
Love you!


I remember that I thought that ADORKABLE sounds quite cute, but I never put it onto my to-read list. Might have to change that now. :D Also looking forward to hear what you think of TIME BETWEEN US - it sounds interesting, but I'm not exactly sure whether I'd like it!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading. :)
Time Between Us sounds really good! And Adorkable I just saw last week it sounds super cute and fun! Great haul!!
ReplyDeleteAdorkable is such a cute read. You can find me review on my blog!
ReplyDeleteLetterbox Love!
I LOVED The Near Witch! Time Between Us sounds like a good read. I can't wait to read your reviews!
ReplyDeleteYou got some great looking books this week! Hope you enjoy them, and happy reading. Thanks for stopping by! :)
ReplyDeleteI really want to read "Flirting in Italian"!!!
ReplyDelete:)
Here's my IMM:
http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/05/imm-6.html
So glad to hear that Flirting in Italian was a fun read---I'm looking forward to that one!
ReplyDeletea time between us looks really awesome! but i'm debating whether to request it on netgalley or not--i don't know if i have time to squeeze it in. looking forward to your review of it.
ReplyDeletemy new books post.
-michelle
The Time Between Us sounds really good! Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteCheck out what I got here: http://marielovesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/books-beauty-2.html!
Adorkable looks sooo good and I'm glad that you enjoy it:)
ReplyDeleteI want to get Adorkable soooo bad!!!! Hope you enjoy everything! Check out what I got this week!
ReplyDeleteI am hearing a lot about Time Between Us lately. Now I'm curious! :) Enjoy your new reads this week!
ReplyDeleteI really need to check out Time Between Us! Thanks for dropping by. :)
ReplyDelete