Thursday, 28 April 2011

Book Review: Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

4,5/5***** A dark and seductive delightmare about an overprotected girl and what finally becomes her undoing

US Paperback
Title:
Falling Under
(Under Series #1)
Author:
Gwen Hayes
Publication History:
US Paperback March 1st 2011 by New American Library
Kindle March 1st by New American Library
Genre:
YA, Supernatural/ Noir






Review:
This book is exactly up my alley!
Hayes has created a dream world that is as creepy as it is seductive, the imagery is thrillingly vivid and even after ten days of digesting this story I am still at a loss for words that don't sound like incoherent babbling.

Theia Alderson leads an overprotected, isolated life in the small town of Serendipity Falls. Her father controls every aspect of her life and her only escapes are a mobile phone on which she reads books at night, her two high school friends who add hilarious laugh-out-loud scenes to the story - and her vivid, often creepy dreams. It is there that she meets Haden. He is as handsome as he is dangerous and when he suddenly appears in Theia's waking world he turns it upside-down, literally.
Whenever Theia lays eyes on Haden her rigid control melts away like ice in hell and she feels all the wild urges her strict upbringing was supposed to suppress.
Without knowing what Haden really is Theia finds herself more and more drawn towards him until she is actually falling Under.
And Under is not a place to be for a mortal human. Especially not if Haden's mother has any say in it.

Falling Under is fast-paced, dark, seductive, creepy, laugh-out-loud (see my teaser), romantic, very sexy and absolutely addictive!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Falling Under, especially the creepy dream characters.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...