I really, really want to read:
Blood Magic
(The Blood Journals #1)
by Tessa Gratton
Publication Date UK: July 7th 2011
Publisher: Doubleday Childrens
Summary (courtesy of Goodreads):
For Nick Pardee and Silla Kennicot, the cemetery is the center of everything.Nick is a city boy angry at being forced to move back to the nowhere town of Yaleylah, Missouri where he grew up. He can’t help remembering his mom and the blood magic she practiced – memories he’s tried for five years to escape. Silla, though, doesn’t want to forget; her parents’ apparent murder-suicide left her numb and needing answers. When a book of magic spells in her dad’s handwriting appears on her doorstep, she sees her chance to unravel the mystery of their deaths.
Together they plunge into the world of dark magic, but when a hundred-year-old blood witch comes hunting for the bones of Silla’s parents and the spell book, Nick and Silla will have to let go of everything they believe about who they are, the nature of life and death, and the deadly secrets that hide in blood.
Why I want to read this:
Blood, magic, a hundred-year-old witch, secrets and a budding romance. What's more to want? If it is as dark as the summary promises then it sounds like it's up my alley exactly.

This sound love the UK cover too. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteI really, really, Really want to read this book!! It sounds awesome. I haven't seen this cover before, I like it!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great book. I am adding it to my TBR list.
ReplyDeleteThat cover is certainly eye-catching! hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh I definitely want to get this one it does sound a little darker than most.
ReplyDeleteSally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html
Sounds intriguing, great cover, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI've been hearing a lot about this. It sounds interesting! Plus, I love the title.
ReplyDeleteHere's my WOW pick.