Hello, hello, hello, welcome back!
Another week has passed and I'm slowly getting back into blogging - even though it's still going slow. There should be more reviews coming up next week, hopefully some ARC reviews, too :)
Last week I didn't post an IMM because I was still under the book-buying ban, this week I caved to the irresistible lure of the book shop. At leased I limited myself to three books, had to leave some pretty copies behind :( Anyway, here is my mailbox:
Recently Read:
Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes: It was really, really great! Falling Under left off with Theia and Haden back on Earth, but trouble follows them back up in Dreaming Awake. Theia struggles to control the hungers the demon blood cursed her with and Haden tries to find a solution to his mum-issues. On top of that the two of them battle with their individual insecurities concerning their relationship.
It was just as dark, enticing and sexy as Falling Under and the ending, although intermixed with sad notes, had me clapping happily.
Shelfability: Aquire.
New On The Shelves:
eARCs:
The Prophet by Amanda Stevens
Okay, there was no way around this one when I found it on netGalley! I just finished The Kingdom, the second book in the series, and it was brilliant! So I'm all excited to already have my hands on the third book ^_^ Seriously, you cannot imagine the amount of squealing involved in downloading this!
*thanks to Harlequin via netGalley for giving me access to this title.
Bought:
Tempest by Julie Cross
This book has been recommended on a couple of blogs I frequent and my favourite blogger loved it to bits, so when I saw this standing in my usual book shop I had to grab the copy. I don't think I have read anything that centered around time travel before so I'm excited to get started on this one :)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
WOW, what a ride! I really enjoyed this one. It was so well-written that I barely noticed racing through the pages and I don't think that even 800 pages wouldn't have been enough for me. I loved the way in which Hodkin managed to blur reality and hallucination more and more until it was actually impossible to distinguish. The only flaw that spoilt the read a little for me was the supernatural element that was introduced towards the end of the book. It would have been a 5*+ psychological thriller without. Still, it was well done and I'm eagerly awaiting the still untitled second volume :)
Shelfability: Covet!
Review coming soon.
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
This is my first Levithan without a co-author. I've seen this one on somebody else's blog last week, I think, and admired the cover artwork. and then I saw it in a small book shop near central station and I had to get it. I haven't started reading yet, but I had a little peek and it really looks like a dictionary on the inside^^
So, that's it from me this week. Little mailbox, for which I'm grateful, and I *hope* that there won't be one next week, I really need to tackle my tbr pile... :P
Oh yeah, before I forget it, please do sign up at the top of the blog if you would like to receive a letter/postcard/little something from me this month during the "Month of Letters" Challenge. It's been going great so far, I wrote two letters and a postcard that went out with a novel, but I still need more people to send things to! :) I'd love to write to you!
Okay, that's it. See you next week!
And don't forget to leave a comment ;)

I bought Tempest a couple of weeks ago and I have still to read it! I think it sounds amazing but I have read quite a few mixed reviews about it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your books, Great Mailbox :)
I reviewed The Unbecoming a couple of weeks ago - AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it too. I've had my eye on Tempest, but I've been a bit hesitant, so I will be curious to see what you think.
ReplyDeleteHappy Reading!
Crys
Wannabe Librarian's IMM
I LOVE David Leviathan. The Lover's Dictionary looks so fun and different. It'll be good to see your review of it, as well as the others of course.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! Feel free to visit me sometime:
Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
Great list of books. I can't wait to hear what you think of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I loved it!
ReplyDelete-FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
Some great books there- I loved Tempest! I really want to read Mara Dyer, but I'm waiting for it to be released in paperback. I'm terrible at sticking to book buying bans too!
ReplyDeleteI really need to pick up a finished copy of Tempest. :) Great mailbox! I hope you enjoy all your new reads!
ReplyDeleteI love that moment when you realise a book you are desperate to read is on Netgalley! I've had plenty of squeeeeeeee moments too. Enjoy your new books and get stuck into that TBR pile!
ReplyDeleteI seriously have to read Mara Dyer. That ARC has been sitting on my shelf for months now... Anyways, enjoy your books!
ReplyDeleteLucia
iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books
Awesome haul! I really enjoyed Tempest but Mara, not so much haha.
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
Awesome!:) I really loved TEMPEST and would definitely buy a copy, too if I found it in my bookshop. I have to get a phyisical copy soon. You'll love Jackson!
ReplyDeleteHere is my mailbox if you want to have a look
Yay for Tempest! I haven't read Mara Dyer and the Lover's Dictionary yet but I heard that both books are soooo good! :) Happy reading Nickey! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat haul!! I'm reading Tempest at the moment and I am loving it. Hope you enjoy your books and thanks for stopping by my IMM.
ReplyDeleteAnge @ the Moonlight Reader
P.S The 'Month of Letters' Challenge sounds like a brilliant idea =), I'm signing up!