Sunday, 12 February 2012

In My Mailbox #30

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.


Hey there, nice to have you back on my blog once again. This post is going to be terribly short because I am still under book-buying-restrictions (notice the absence of the word 'ban' because I can't stick to it anyway, one session of buying books equals one session at the therapist - not that I have one) and haven't done much reading either.

New On The Shelves
Bought:

Overbite by Meg Cabot
This is the sequel to Insatiable which, I have to admit, I haven't read yet. However, I am a collector therefore I had to pick it up when I saw at the book shop (even though it wasn't on my shopping list - that compulsion to buy is terrible, maybe I should see a therapist^^).

Dead Poets Society by N.H. Kleinbaum
I really, really adored the movie with Robin Williams, I think that was my first brush with the serious kind of coming-off-age stories. I loved the way in which Keating taught his boys to open their minds to the beauty of words. And since this book was written after the movie was made I hope very much that I'm going to love it as much as the movie.

Recently Read
The Prophet by Amanda Stevens: It was great. This is the third part of the series and it is still getting better. While some arcs of the plot finally find their conclusions, Stevens introduced enough noteworthy details to carry into book four, which she is working on at the moment. Especially noteworthy are the person Amelia met in the Gray and a mentioned price she will have to pay for a bargain she struck at the end of this book. Can't wait for #4!
Shelfability: Acquire.
Review coming soon.

Recent Blog Activity
With Love, The Bookshop #6: Die Dämonenfängerin by Jana Oliver
Teaser Tuesday #21: Tempest by Julie Cross
Waiting on Wednesday #22: The Prophet by Amanda Stevens


So that's it. As I said, short post this weekend. 
Don't forget you can still sign up for a letter/postcard from me during the Month of Letters Challange!
Please leave a comment with your mailbox link and see you next week!

9 comments:

  1. I read Dead Poet's Society in English class back in school. Really liked it (and the movie as well). :)

    I hope you get to read Insatiable & Overbite soon - haven't read them, but heard good things about them. :)

    Have a lovely week!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dead Poets society is soooo good and beautiful. I loved the movie like you and I loved reading the book as well :). I hope you'll like this Meg Cabot book too. Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Meg Cabot book looks beautiful! I'm going to have to look into it. Thank you for dropping by my IMM!


    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Insatiable yet, but I'm excited to see what you think of the series! I love Meg Cabot so it'll be interesting to read something paranormal by her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Dead Poets Society it was such a good movie. I'm rubbish at sticking to book buying bans too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who buys sequels before they've read the first---it's bad, I have all four Iron Fey books and I have read the first one.

    Enjoy these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Meg Cabot! I love that cover. I'm gonna have to take a look at the first book. Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I should pick up some of Meg's books. Friends keep telling me too.

    A small week sounds good. Lot's of books is great, but I like seeing money is my bank account more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mailbox! I've been wanting to read Insatiable and Overbite, I love Meg Cabot. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...