And yet another week bites the dust. It feels like time is racing by and I barely notice; the only indicator being this post every sunday - how odd. This week has been particularly strange because I haven't been to one single bookshop. I feel broken, something essential is missing. But at least I got two new ARCs :)
New On The Shelves
eARCs:
Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate
I read the German edition of Fallen just before it was released and wasn't very impressed with it. The whole story dragged and I had expected a different setting. But the epilogue had so much potential that I kept the series on the back burner, thinking I would continue to read if I got an ARC of the next volume. I'm still waiting for a reply from the publisher, but I got this one approved. Since it's four short stories in another time (another setting) I'm hoping that I will like this one better.
The Master of Misrule by Laura Powell
I admit that I haven't read The Game of Triumphs yet, I'm still waiting for the paperback release of the US edition, but the premises sounds so stunning that I am sure I will love these books. Hence I requested the second volume before I read the first.
Recently Read:
Dead Poets Society by N.H. Kleinbaum: This was really great. I already loved the movie and the book is a one on one adaptation. I wished there had been a little bit more about the boys' thoughts and feelings, but it was still a great book!
If you watched the movie - Shelfability: Borrow.
If you didn't - Shelfability: Acquire!
Recent Blog Activity:
Teaser Tuesday #22: Dead Poets Society by N.H. Kleinbaum
Waiting on Wednesday #23: Nur Ein Blick Von Dir by S.C. Ransom
Book Review: Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
Alright, another short post this week, not much going on at the moment.
Don't forget you can still sign up for a letter/postcard from me during the Month of Letters Challange!Please leave a comment with your mailbox link and see you next week!

I have heard so many mixed things about the Fallen series, which is why I haven't picked it up yet. I hope you'll like it more once you continue! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week,
Carina
I like the idea behind Fallen in Love. The side characters don't really get a lot of attention in the main books.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't too keen on Fallen either, but I actually thought that book 2 (Torment) was a little better. I haven't read Fallen in Love though, hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteThe cover of The Master of Misrule looks amazing, I am already intrigued! Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteHope you get Tormented and like it better than the first book in the series. I really liked Fallen, but haven't read the other books yet. Enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested to see what you think of the new Lauren Kate book! I've been putting it off because I really don't care for that series too much anymore lol! Enjoy all your books!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by :D
I really have to read the Fallen series. I have the first 3 books here and everything! O_O
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
Fallen in Love was a pretty good read, it did have some slow parts though... I hope you enjoy your new reads this week!
ReplyDelete