Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #22

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

I am eagerly awaiting:

The Prophet
(The Graveyard Queen Series #3)
by Amanda Stevens

UK Publication Date: April 24th 2012
UK Publisher: Mira





Summary (courtesy of netGalley):
My name is Amelia Gray.
I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I’ve broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.
In order to protect myself, I’ve vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.
Now I’m faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.

Why I want to read this:
I've been revving about this series since I read the prequel story The Abandoned and with every book the story gets twistier, scarier and more intense. 
The Restorer introduced us to Amelia, her world of graveyards and the rules that keep her safe from the dead. And the one person that makes her abandon those rules: Devlin. 
In The Kingdom the story took us to another town and away from Devlin, but we learn more about Amelia's family background and ancestry. Tightly kept secrets that have been kept all around her start to unravel and threaten to pull her into a fatal conspiracy. The book ends with a text message from Devlin: "I need you."
So yeah, guess why I want to read this! :P

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series, definitely moving it up the TBR pile!

    Thanks for checking out my WoW this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series before. I'll have a to take a look at book 1! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another tempting series! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy....

    Here's MY WOW POST -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds FABULOUS!

    Thanks for stopping by the Wastelands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I haven't heard of this series, but the cover is so awesome!!! I definitely need to get it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the others, I haven't heard of this series, but thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy this installment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read amazing reviews on this series but I still haven't started reading it yet! Should I? Will add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series sounds really awesome! I definitely need to check it out, and soon! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...