Hello, hello, hello, nice to see you all again. Can you believe that sunshine is coming in through my window? I think spring is well on its way now. I so can't wait to get rid of my winter coat and the boots and get all my dresses out of the closet again :P What about you? What piece of clothing can't you wait to wear again?
But this is a book blog, so let's talk about books ;)
New On The Shelves:
eARC/ Bought:
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
This is a fairy tales retelling, yes fairy tales (plural) and the summary for this one sounds absolutely wicked! I have a thing for the old fairy tales that are equal parts enchanting and dark and this sounds like it's going to fit right in.
*thanks to EgmontUSA via netGalley for letting me read this!
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Ah, I guess I don't need to say too much about this one. This is the"quality" edition released in the USA by Scholastic. It looks a lot slimmer next to the other editions and the paper is nearly white. Also the cover feels a lot smoother than the others and it has a metallic finish.
It looked nice so I picked it up :) *collectorssyndrome*
Month of Letter's Challenge
I got this really lovely letter from Heidi @ YA Bibliophile in the mail! Thank you so much, Heidi, I love the stickers, they are adorable :) My reply is already on the way back to you :)
If anybody else wants a letter from me, you can still sign up at the top of the blog. I take addresses until the 29th of February!
Recently Read:
Ah, I've been really obsessed with travel and road trips this week...
Saving June (ARC) by Hannah Harrington: So good! I have really enjoyed this one! I'm generally a travel enthusiast with way too much fernweh and this one was feeling two of my biggest obsessions, long car rides and good music :) Harper's story was very moving and I loved what she did for her sister.
Shelfability: Covet.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: Another really good one. Not a road trip but a very long plane ride. I love flying almost as much as road trips and this one got me, latest, when Hadley and Oliver sat snuggled together in the darkened plane, trying to fall asleep. That is definitely one of my most loved plane ride moments :)
Shelfability: Aquire.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: And another great road trip! This one forced on the protagonist had an even darker starting point and the topics dealt with felt a little heavier than in Saving June. I wished there had been more of a redemption point for Amy & Charlie and Amy & her mum, but I still really enjoyed it and it had a load of great music, too! I love that my favourite songwriter was playlisted several times :)
Shelfability: Covet.
Recent Blog Activity:
Teaser Tuesday #23: The Prophet by Amanda Stevens
Waiting on Wednesday #24: Black Heart by Holly Black
Okay, that's it from me this week. Month is almost over - man where is the time going? I still hope to finish Tempest and Goddess Interrupted, although I am kinda stuck in both books :/
Anyway, leave me a comment with you mailbox link and I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

Can't wait to hear what you think of KILL ME SOFTLY. I saw it on NetGalley, but wasn't really sure whether to request it or not, so I'm looking forward to find out whether you like it or not! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week,
Carina
Yay! I'm glad you got the letter :) Also, how did I not know that Kill Me Softly was a fairy tales story??? I LOVE those!
ReplyDeleteI'm super excited for Kill Me Softly! That one looks really good!! Enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
Guten Tag, Nickey!
ReplyDeleteThank you for liking my Entangled book cover at Xpresso Reads. I was really excited about the way that turned out.
My birth father's family is German and I was born with the last name Pfau. I was told that meant peacock. Is that true?
I just finished Kill Me Softly and I really enjoyed it! I hope that you enjoy your new books!
ReplyDeleteKristina
Ladybug Storytime
I had no idea Kill Me Softly was fairy tale retelling! I will have to give it a look now and put it on my wishlist! I'm currently listening to Hunger Games on audiobook---so amazing!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I can't wait to get Kill Me Softly! I requested it on Netgalley. Fingers crossed! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHUNGER GAMES!! Epic! Kill Me Softly sounds really good too! Awesome haul!
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
Kill Me Softly looks amazing. I also love fairy tale retellings, and this one has more than one?! Yes please! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved The Hunger Games and should also get the quality edition:)! Are there quality editions of the other two books? I can't wait for spring to come!!
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know: there will definitely be more quality editions (Catching Fire is advertised on the back of this) but I'm not sure if they're out yet. I'll keep my eyes open. Another pretty edition is the Classic Edition btw ;)
Delete