Sunday, 10 July 2011

In My Mailbox #16

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought:

Heartless by Gail Carriger
This is the 4th book in the hilarious, fabulous Parasol Protectorate series. I have practically devoured the first three books and I can't wait to know what's going to happen next with Alexia being pregnant, Biffy turned into a werewolf and Lord Akeldama called into service to the Queen!

Graveminder by Melissa Marr
This is the UK paperback edition, I know it looks way different from the US edition and once more I'm grateful to be closer to UK territory :P It's Marr's first full-length release since the end of the Wicked Lovely series and I'm all curious what she's created this time.

Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
This is the finished copy - finally - the cover turned out stunning with its matte finished and the shiny glass shards on top! I had the pleasure to read an ARC and I have already tagged it THE YA Urban Fantasy of this summer (review here). No need to say much more, me thinks ;)

eARCS:

This book received a lot of praise on other blogs and the description on Goodreads made it sound like a very good fantasy - so here we go.

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
This time the cover caught my eye and the summary on Goodreads, which says pretty much Angel genre, didn't sound too bad either.
*thanks to HaperCollins via netGalley for giving me access to The Girl of Fire and Thorns and A Beautiful Dark.

The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
I got this one off netGalley because I pretty much jump at everything supernatural that has to do with sleep and dreams and the summary sounds super-creepy! All for me :)
*thanks to HCI Teens via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

That's it for this week. Amazon has once again split my order so a load of contemporaries is coming next week. And after that it will be quiet for a while, I think. I have 15+ eARCs and 14 hard copies to read through. Plus my birthday is coming up in September, so the plan is not to buy, order or request anything more until after that (bets are accepted as from now on)...
So, tell me guys, what is in your mailboxes this week?

21 comments:

  1. Spellbound is on my to-buy list. I also read the netgalley, but want my own copy. It's soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aargh, I still need to get a finished copy of Spellbound. :D

    Great books for you this week. I got A Beautiful Dark and The Girl of Fire and Thorns as well. God, I wish I didn't have to learn so much this week. :D

    Enjoy!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've got some great books this week! :)

    Enjoy. I REALLY want Grave Minder!!!

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week. I bought Heartless, but I really want both Spellbound and Graveminder too. Even though like you, I'm trying not to get any more books to read just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read ALL of those. Every last one. I am especially interested to hear what you've got to say about Sleepwalkers as that one appeals to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul this week! I like the sound of most of those, and I really want to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns, I keep seeing it pop up everywhere!

    My Mailbox

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome IMM :D I also need to buy Spellbound (I've read the eArc but I want the book)

    Happy reading ;) I hope you enjoy them all :D

    Here is my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice IMM! I've had my eye on Spellbound for a long time. I'm curious to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely IMM! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Grave Minder. I keep hearing how fabulous it is, but I've yet to read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover for Graveminder and the synopsis sounds great too. Its on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I can't wait to see what you think of Graveminder! I'm really looking forward to reading The Girl of Fire and Thorns and A Beautiful Dark. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover for Grademinder is really nice, and the book sounds interesting too. I was a little sceptical about Spellbound, but your review makes it sound pretty good, so maybe I’ll check it out! Happy reading! (my IMM)

    Alisa @ the Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was upposed to be *Graveminder. Sorry (it's 2am, maybe not the best time to be replying to IMMs, or doing any sort of task that involves writing coherent sentences). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great haul! Awesome stuff... I can't wait to read Spellbound :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover on the Girl of Fire and Thorns is Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great set! I really want to read Soulless and Heartless. I'm very interested in Girl of Fire and Thorns.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have a nice stack of books this week in your mailbox. I got to read Spellbound and loved it.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I really like that cover for Graveminder! All of these looks great---I grabbed Sleepwalkers this week, too,...couldn't resist the creepiness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to read Graveminder! Great IMM!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved Spellbound! I got it from Spellbound a couple of weeks ago. I bought myself my own finished compy this week too. It was too good not to own it!

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have Heartless...awww... I have ordered mine, I am so looking forward to getting it. I love this series.

    Michelle A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...