Sunday, 3 July 2011

In My Mailbox #15

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought:
The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
I came across this in my local book store and recognised the name of the author - although I haven't read anything by him, yet. So this is my first Zafón and I've only just started.





eARCS:

The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
Lately I find myself thirsting for some contemporary fiction reads and I think this is a good beginning since my ordered books are still not shipped :P
*thanks to HarperCollins via netGalley for giving me access to this.

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faergen
I've been after this since I first set eyes on the pre-order option on amazon. The summary sounds like this is going to be exactly up my alley :)

Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison
On the first look it looks like another contemporary fiction read but actually it's a retelling of the Tristan & Isolde legend, so it has quite a bit of magic. Anyway, I like that legend so I'm looking forward to reading the book
*thanks to Egmont USA via NetGalley for giving me access to The Mephisto Covenant and Tris & Izzie.

Okay, my Mailbox is still small (due to no time for reading, CampNaNoWriMo is going great btw, 3,500 words already) but very pretty. So, what's in your mailboxes this week?

22 comments:

  1. Very pretty IMM. :) I got the same eARCs from NetGalley and I'm looking forward to start reading them. :)

    Have a lovely week,
    Carina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Prince of Mist looks good. I haven't seen that one before. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ,

    The Prince Of Mist Ihaven't heard of. I hope you like it. I have a couple of the netgalley but not Tris and Izzie. Have fun reading them:D

    Michelle A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you got some awesome books this week. I like the sound of Tris and Izzie, looking forward to your review. Happy Reading

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover of The Prince Of Mist!

    Lots of awesome Netgalley books too.

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the books you got look good. Good luck with the writing too. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I really want to read Prince of Mist.

    BTW...how is Camp NanoWrimo different from the regular Nano?
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen The Mephisto Covenant a lot and I really want to read it!! It's on my list haha. Great IMM! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read Tris & Izzie so bad! I'm so jealous you got it!!! Nice mailbox this week :) Here's my IMM! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read the books from Netgalley, I hope they are all awesome! I haven't heard of The Prince of Mist before, I'll have to check it out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books. Dont you just love NG? Tris & Izzie looks so pretty! Have fun reading the books you got!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got the same netgalley ARCs, they sound really good. Good job on Nano;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, The Mephisto Convent sounds good, and somehow I hadn't heard of it before -- thanks for sharing! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice books this week! I have a copy of The Mephisto Covenant; I need to read it ASAP. Happy reading this week :)

    My IMM

    -Sarah @ Y.A. Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those all look quite fabulous! Enjoy them all, Beginning of After looks stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books! I love the cover on The Prince of Mist. It's kinda creepy! I picked up the NetGalley books, as well. Looking forward to seeing what you think of them! Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great books this week. Just read The Beginning of After and am just starting Tris and Izzie.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like I've got to start using NetGalley. It seems like everybody has The Beginning of After and Tris & Izzie except me. And I really want to read them both, too! Hope you enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of those books look great, I hope you have fun reading. Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got Tris & Izzy this week too! Netgalley is awesome. The other two galleys I got last week. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also got those titles from NetGalley! They look awesome. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great netgalley books! Oh, I love that cover for Prince of Mists! I really enjoyed that one, Zafon has a very subtle writing style. Didn't care for his new one, but Prince of Mists was good and creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...