Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

I am curiously awaiting the release of:

The Name of the Star
by Maureen Johnson

UK Publication Date: September 29th 2011
Publisher: Harper Collins





Summary (courtesy of Goodreads):
The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.
Soon “Rippermania” takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.

Why I want to read this:
We all know that Maureen Johnson is crazy-talented. I am in love with London and Urban Fantasy. Those three rolled together into one books? Just can't walk past it! :)

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the envelope series by Maureen Johnson but this sounds like something totally different. Great pick!

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely can't wait for this to be released! It sounds fantastic. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good good choice, sounds like a great thriller, thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower now :D

    This is my Waiting on Wednesday.

    And BTW, I have two international giveaways going on right now so feel free to pass by and enter :D

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick :D I really can't wait for it :D I've already preordered it! Thank you for sharing :D

    Happy reading!

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good mystery and this sounds chilling. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post, I'm waiting for this one too. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read anything by Maureen Johnson before. There's a lot of buzz for this one though! Pretty cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crazy excited to read this one! Great pick! The UK cover is so different from the US one. I can't decide which I like better...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this book to come out! I love historical fiction and I love Maureen Johnson! I hope it's as amazing as it sounds! Here my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds fantastic, I find anything that has Jack the Ripper stuff in realy interesting, I am definitely going to be getting this book!

    My WoW

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I hadn't seen this cover! It's much darker than the US one. I'm really excited for this book too -- great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited for this one, too! It sounds amazing!

    Here's my WOW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this! It really sounds like it's going to be great! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds so creepy and amazing! I haven't read any Maureen Johnson yet (I just picked up 13 Little Blue Envelopes), but I don't think I'll be able to pass this one up! I still can't decide if I like the UK cover or the US cover better---both are so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...