Sunday, 31 July 2011

In my Mailbox #19

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought & Won

Abandon by Meg Cabot
I used to really love Meg when I was a teen and so I'm more than happy that she is now writing paranormal for the older end of YA. This particular edition (UK paperback) was supposed to come out on the 1st of September and my surprise to find it out in the wild in Germany now was accordingly!

What happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
Another Sarah Dessen book, the latest, and as you can see from the bookmark I have already started it. I'm only 50 pages in now but so far I like it :) This is the American paperback published by Viking (another imprint of Penguin)

Divergent by Veronica Roth
I have read so many good things about this book, but I tend to shy away from Dystopia, which is not really my genre. However I trust Sarah @ Miss Page-Turner's City of Books (she really adores this book) and when I saw this in the book shop at Central Station I grabbed a copy. It's the UK paperback.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
This one was very, very high up on my wish list from the second I saw it, but I planned to wait for the paperback - until I won a hardback copy from the lovely Lesley @ My Keeper Shelf - THANK YOU!!! Can't wait to get started! :)

So, I'm very glad to say that that's it for this week, because, if you have a look at the photo below, that's my current to-read pile - and that's the hard copies alone, I have the same amount in ebooks on top >.<
On another note: it's the end of the month which means that Camp NaNoWriMo is almost over, too. As I write this I still have another 6,000 words to write and a long night ahead of me, but I'm confident that I will finish on time, my second win! I'm still not sure if I'm going to do August as well... I'd like to but I need to catch up on my reading (obviously) and I feel kinda tired... We'll see :P

So, the only thing left to ask now is: 
What is in your mailboxes this week?

10 comments:

  1. Try having two full bookshelves (not cases, just shelves), double rowed, of TBR.I've only read half the YA books I own, books for swap excluded.

    I hope you won't be disappointed with Abandon - lots of people have been, so I don't know. I really liked What Happened to Goodbye, LOVED Divergent, one of my favourites this year. And Dash & Lily was a really cute book, very suitable for the Christmas season. ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got a lot of great books to read. I haven't read any of the books you received this week yet but I've heard a lot of great things about them. Happy Reading =).

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-17_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read some great reviews of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares and it's one I should really add to my wishlist as it sounds like a wonderful read. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Divergent is my favorite YA read so far this year it was great.

    Here is my IMM Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thanks for sharing your IMM with us some awesome titles you have. Veronica roth i really want to read also!

    http://melissa-justoneopinion.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mail-box-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've got so much you have to read! Reminds me of my lovely ever-growing review pile under my desk....But you got some great books this week! I love Sarah Dessen and Meg Cabot! I hope you enjoy all that you got! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I still need to start reading Sarah Dessen. I want to.
    Good luck with finishing Nano.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divergent is one of my favorite reads this year! Awesome, awesome, awesome! This week is my first IMM post:

    http://tracyshappybookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/imm-july-31-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome mailbox! I still haven't read Divergent. I really need to get to that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower :D

    Just finished "Ballad" and it was EXCELLENT! Preferred it over "Lament". Love James' character, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    I'm now looking forward to getting "Divergent" as it's a YA Reads Book club choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...