Audio-Books:
White Cat by Holly Black
Okay, so that's a first. I'm not really into audio books but this one came free for signing up to the Random House Audio Newsletter and I'm definitely not saying no to free :) Besides, White Cat, the book, is really good.
thirteen reasons why by Jay Asher
I saw this in my local book store and it kinda rang a bell so I picked it up. I already finished it and it's amazing! Shocking, heartbreaking, true - amazing. Review is coming soon!
In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg
I've already finished this, too, and it, too, was great! The perfect summer read: quick, romantic and with a happy ending. Review coming soon.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This is the UK paperback, it's really pretty, and I haven't read this one yet, but everybody is telling me that it is great and yay for road-trips to I had to get a copy of this!
Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse
This sounds like so much fun! I have worked in the music industry and I wouldn't have minded kidnapping one or the other rockstar for myself^^ But I've also been told that it deals with some bigger issues so I'm really looking forward to this!
Jessie Hearts NYC by Keris Stainton
I finished this one, too, and unfortunately I wasn't so very impressed with it. It's not a bad book but very flat and predictable. So no blog review for this. Still, if you need a quick summer fix, go for it.
eARCs:
The Marked Son by Shea Berkley
Okay, I admit it, the cover got my attention first :lol: But the summary sounds damn good, too! Urban fantasy from a guy's perspective? All for me, please :)
*thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC via netGalley for giving me access to this title
eve by Anna Carey
I'm not really into dystopia but this sounds like a good title and so far I've only seen good reviews!
*thanks to HarperCollins via netGalley for giving me access to this title
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
Don't need to say much about this, do I? The Iron Queen isn't even out in the UK yet, so I guess it'll be a while before I read then... sighs...
*thanks to Harlequin via netGalley for giving me access to this title
past Perfect by Leila Sales
Recommended by the lovely Sarah @ Miss Page-Turner's City of Books, many thanks for the link, so I'm really looking forward to this - more fodder for my current contemporaries addiction :)
Tunnel Vision by Susan Shaw
This was the only one that look promising in S&S's latest newsletter and it's yet another contemporary so I'm happy!
*thanks to Simon & Schuster for giving me access to "past Perfect" and "Tunnel Vision"
eBooks:
Love Struck by Melissa Marr
This one was free to read on Kobo and I did enjoy it very much! It fits well into Marr's urban fairy tale world but is completely independent from the Wicked Lovely series! Review coming to Goodreads soon!
So, that's it from me this week. 11 new books and an audio book. This really has to stop. As I said last week, this shipment was the rest from amazon and the last approvals from netGalley. No more new books until October! Apart from those that I just won *happy-dance*
And please don't forget to tell me what you got in your mailboxes this week!



I loved "Thirteen reasons why" when I read it last year! The Marked Son seems interesting.
ReplyDeleteYou got some great books this week. I can't wait to read Past Perfect and Thirteen Reasons Why. Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteAnge @ the Moonlight Reader
My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-15.html
Wow, you got some pretty awesome books this week. :) I'm so jealous that you already got The Iron Knight, because I'm still waiting to be approved. :( Hopefully I'll get it next week.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy all of them!
Carina
I never really liked White Cat, but know some people who did. I really enjoyed Amy and Roger and Jessie Hearts NYC and Rocaholic is so fun.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read Eve as well!
Jade
Ink Scratchers
Audiobook. New one. But OMG must check out Lovestruck! Didn't know Melissa Marr had a new one out. Wow, I'm out of it these days.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy them, Nickey! :)
Great books, hope you enjoy them. I pre-ordered Iron Knight a few days ago, but I haven't started the series yet.
ReplyDeleteAwesome IMM :D I've also downloaded White Cat, I really love his voice lol (but I'm French that may explain why) I really loved Past Perfect, especially the first half of the book that is very funny. I hope you enjoy all your books!
ReplyDeleteHappy reading :)
Here is my IMM
13 Reasons Why really was an amazing read! I'm so glad you liked it. I can't wait to start Eve! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteGreat books this week. I can't wait to start reading Eve, and I've read all the Iron Fey series so I'm really looking forward to reading Iron Knight.
ReplyDelete13 Reasons Why sounds great, I'm going to go and look it up now!
Enjoy your books!
Those all look like great books. I've heard of some of them before but not all. I read Rockoholic not long ago and it was really funny. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you loved 13 Reasons Why. It's really amazing, isn't it?! You got so many nice books this week---I've been wanting to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. Looks like a good one. I'll have to look for Love Struck...looks interesting, but I didn't make it past the second book in that series. Since this one is independent, I may give it a try!
ReplyDeleteOh I love Melissa Marr's books, I really hope Love Struck will be put into her short story book that is released sometime this year or next year.
ReplyDeleteI too am still getting use to listening to audio books, twilight was my first book and I am currently listening to New Moon. I'm enjoying it for the most part, better than listening to the radio and channel flipping so I don't have to listen to stupid commercials.
Happy reading
You got a lot of awesome books this week!
http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-18.html
I have White Cat but I still haven't read it yet! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteCrystal @ Elegantly Bound Books
Ahhh I didn't know Melissa Marr had another short story! Just bought it now. Great IMM! :)
ReplyDeleteI love netgalley and (audio)books for free. I don't listen to them, but it's still nice to get some free stuff.
ReplyDeleteAmy and Roger is a fun read and I'm sure you'll enjoy this one. Sad to hear that Jessie Hearts NYC wasn't that good...it's still on my To-Buy list, hope that I'll like it better:)
Nice mailbox this week. The Marked Son looks like a good book.
ReplyDeleteBook Sniffers Anonymous