![]() |
| eBook |
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne
(The Steampunk Chronicles Series #0.5)
Author:
Kady Cross
Source:
Kobo, free eBooks
Publication History:
eBook May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Enterprises
Kindle May 1st 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Genre:
YA, Steampunk, Supernatural
Rating:
4/5****
Review:
Another novella that was so good that I have decided to blog a review about it here.
I have only recently discovered the steampunk genre for myself and I got a lot of buzz about The Steampunk Chronicles from all around the bloggosphere so I decided to request the title on NetGalley. Then I came across this prequel novella in the free section on Kobo and downloaded it on a whim. I'm glad I did.
I really enjoyed The Strange Case of Finley Jayne, it makes a great introduction to this series.
Finley Jayne has just lost her recent employment due to repeated cases of violence and is therefore eagerly accepting an unexpected offer of a new position as companion to Phoebe Morton, who is engaged to Lord Vincent. When Finley meets Lord Vincent at Phoebe's engagement party she immediately has her suspicions and when she comes across a portrait of his dead wife Finley is sure that something is seriously wrong.
Despite the fact that Finley is at odds with the darker half of her personality she welcomes its help when deciding to investigate Lord Vincent and his secrets.
Cross has written great introductory novella that has strong characters, we even get a glimpse of another character that will play a major role in the series, and a fast-paced, action filled plot that makes you want to start reading The Girl in the Steel Corset immediately!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey