Sunday, 5 June 2011

In My Mailbox #11

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

eARCs:

Misfit by Jon Skovron
Caught my eye while browsing netGalley and the summary sounds quite thrilling.

*thanks to ABRAMS via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.








eBooks:

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
I guess this is a must-have for everybody who's reading the Iron Fey books, but I'm going to wait until The Iron Queen comes out here before I read it. This edition is from eHarlequin.
Btw, have you seen the gorgeous cover for The Iron Knight? Oh boy!

Solid by Shelley Workinger
I have been asked to review this as the next installment of the series is coming out soon. The summary makes this book sound like it's up my alley so I am happy to comply.
*thanks to Shelley Workinger for giving me access to a Reading Copy.


For Review from The Bookshop

by Tessa Gratton
This is the German ARC of Tessa Gratton's Blood Magic. It's funny how I didn't get an English ARC, so I wrote the book on my shopping list and now I get to read the German ARC before the English book comes out.

German ARC of Sophie Jordan's Firelight. I have to apologise for the weird photo of the cover, but the dust jacket has a special, rough surface that is supposed to mimic dragon scales and it does a fantastic job in doing so!


Yay, no money spent on books this week :)
So, what is in your mailboxes?

20 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the German cover for Blood Magic - it's awesome!

    I've just pre-ordered Misfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books. Firelight and Blood Magic look awesome. I got Solid as well c:
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what For review from The Bookshop means. Do you have to read the book for your job?

    I'm a new follower btw c: I'd love for you to follow back <3

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've requested Misfit too. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got misfit this week too! I've read Firelight, really enjoyed it and I can't wait to Vanish.

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books! I need to download the The Iron Fey novella,too, because I really like the series.
    Blood Magic has already been released in the US or are you referring to the UK release? The advantages of working in a book shop:D The two German ARCs look beautiful. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Katie: I don't have to but it's recommended. Helps improving customer services if you know the books you sell :) As to reviewing them, I do that here in German under the header of With Love, The Bookshop
    @Sarah: Referring to the UK pb edition.
    The free books and discounts make it worthwhile being stuck indoors with no windows all summer lol
    /Nickey

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have Blood Magic and Firelight, I want to read those. I haven't got them yet.

    Nice IMM:D

    Michelle A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the German cover of Blood Magic! So pretty! Solid was really great---I hope you enjoy it, too! I'm looking forward to the second installment. I got Misfit, too, this week. Couldn't resist :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some great books this week! I requested Misfit on NetGalley too and can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by my IMM.

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! I really want to read Blood Magic.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a lot of of really great books this week! I'm dying to read Firelight and Summer Crossing! nice IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firelight is excellent. I hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nickey! Thank you so much for visiting! :) I hope you like Summer's Crossing - I loved it! And the German covers for Blood Magic & Firelight are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great books! I really want firelight, it sounds amazing, and I have Blood Magic on my tbr! must read soon!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi i'm a new follower :).

    You received great things this week !
    I CAN'T WAIT to read Blood Magic :). I really need to buy. I'm really curious about it. I know that Maggie Stiefvater loved it ^^.

    I read Summer's Crossing this week it was so funny :D ! Full of Puck's wit !

    I hope you'll enjoy those books ! Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great books this week. I've been thinking about getting both Blood Magic and Firelight maybe this week.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe I forgot to add Summer's Crossing to my list! I'm excited to read it, I need an Ash fix. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finished Where she went yesterday I loved it even more than If I stay :).
    You're welcome glad to be your follower !

    Feel free to tell me if I make mistakes my english is not perfect ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have many of these, except for Solid. Firelight is very good, I'm reading Blood Magic right now, and I have the ebooks waiting. Hope you enjoy all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...