Sunday, 19 June 2011

In My Mailbox #13

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I heard so many people talk about this I simply had to get myself a copy :)








eARCs:

Witchlanders by Lena Coakley
I think I first came across this on amazon, the cover looked intersteing so I checked out the summary and it sounds pretty interesting. So this has been on my wishlist for about a month and I'm glad it popped up Simon & Schuster's newsletter.

The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
I really enjoyed Lisa's Dream Catcher trilogy and Cryer's Cross is on my to-read list so although this is a middle-grade title I thought I'd give it a shot :)

Fury by Elizabeth Miles
This one has been mentioned on a number of blogs and the summary sounds pretty good so I thought I'd give it a try.
*thanks to Simon & Schuster for giving me access to Witchlanders, The Unwanteds and Fury.

Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon
This one doesn't have a finished cover yet and I haven't read the first book in the series yet, either, but it sounded good and I quite like Disney-Hyperion.
*thanks to Disney-Hyperion via netGalley for giving me access to this eARC.


For Review:

Bye Bye, Crazy Chick! by Joe Schreiber
This is the German ARC of Joe Schreiber's Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick. Just a few days ago I saw the english edition on Sally's blog and was like "this sounds pretty cool", and yesterday I got a German proof copy of this - life is funny.

Flames 'n' Roses. Lebe lieber übersinnlich by Kiersten White
This is the German ARC for Paranormalcy. Not much left of the original cover and title, but I quite like this one, too. I dig the pink boots ;) This is already out in Germany so I'll be posting a review soon.


Signings:

Oh my Gosh, I'm going to meet Maggie Stievfater and Kathy Reichs at the HARBOURFRONT Literaturfestival Hamburg in September. I'm already totally excited and you can bet your ARCs that I'm going to get my books signed :)


Swag:

This is one of Josephine Angelini's German store posters for Starcrossed! Beauty, isn't it? As you can see it covers pretty much two thirds of my door and it's heavy, coated paperboard with metal settings.


Apparently, I got two more of these posters (with different girls and tag phrases on them) and I'm very much willing to give one of them away as part of a 100 followers giveaway. So if there is any interest, please let me know in the comments :)


So, that's it for this week! What's in your mailboxes?

15 comments:

  1. I love that door poster/hanging thing, I want it!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really got lots of great books / things this week. :) I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Dead Beautiful a lot, and I'm looking forward to Life Eternal. Hopefully you enjoy the series as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great IMM! I really enjoyed reading Water for Elephants! I hope you do as well! I can't wait to start the Galley Grab books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the german cover of Starcrossed! I hated the UK cover which was horrible becasue I'm from the UK! :(

    Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT'S AWESOME! German books. :) That poster looks amazing. Congrats on scoring one. I really want to read Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick! I'll go ahead and follow your blog now hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! I loved Water for Elephants. Can't wait to read Fury.
    New Twitter follower. Old GFC follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great mailbox! They all look great! I LOVED Fury :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my IMM :D I love the cover of Water for Elephants :) And the German store poster is gorgeous, i soo want one of them. It would be awesome if you could give one of them away as part of a giveaway!

    I'm so jealous for Fury, I really want this one. I'll come back to check your review :D (new follower)

    I hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    Lilie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of Fury looks A-mazing! I love her hair so much(:
    Thank you so much for commenting on my IMM, and I hope you enjoy all of your new books(:

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great poster! Witchlands and The Unwanteds look really good. I'll be looking out for those two definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome haul! I love that cover for Paranormalcy. It was an awesome book. Have fun meeting both authors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books this week! I loved Water for Elephants and I also got The Unwanteds and Fury from galleygrab!

    I met Maggie a few weeks ago at a signing and she is awesome in person! Hope you have fun!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been meaning to read Water For Elephants! Loved the movie. Hopefully the book's just as good, if not better ;)

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa wait, you ALREADY GOT tickets for a Maggie Stiefvater signing?! I really need to search for other tour dates and cross my fingers that she'll be somewhere near Cologne!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...