Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #11

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly awaiting.

I am awaiting the release of:

Beautiful Days
(Bright Young Things Series #2)
by Anna Godbersen

UK Publication Date: September 1st 2011
Publisher: Puffin




Summary (courtesy of Goodreads):
The exciting sequel to Bright Young Things, by the bestselling author of The Luxe, promises romance, adventure, and intrigue in the final days of the Roaring Twenties.
In this must-have sequel to Bright Young Things, Cordelia and Letty are small-town girls no longer. Letty is ready at last to chase her Broadway dreams. Cordelia thought she lost her true love, but a chance meeting will change her fortune—and her future. The unflappable flapper Astrid Donal has promised herself to Charlie Grey, Cordelia’s half-brother, but isn’t sure their love is true enough to survive. And a bitter rivalry will ensnare them all in a dangerous feud played out in the speakeasies of Manhattan and on the great lawns of Long Island. As these bright young things live out their beautiful days in the summer of 1929, they find romance and heartbreak, adventure and intrigue, new friends and unexpected rivals.

Why I want to read this:
While I'm not a massive fan of Anna Godbersen's writing, I do enjoy it. I liked The Luxe series and I liked Bright Young Things, I am fascinated by the Roaring '20s and all this together makes for a fascinating premises! So bring it on!

13 comments:

  1. If I could travel to any other time, it'd be the roaring twenties. Bright Young Things made me totally fall in love with that period, so I can't wait for this one either! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,

    I've not heard of this one. I've not read anything from the roaring 20's...fancy that...I had not thought about that until now. Might be time to have a read.

    Michelle A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't got round to Bright Young Things Yet - I've read The Luxe books and wasn't overly enamored with the writing, but one day I probably will give them a go just because I love the 20s!

    Great choice!

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me that I still haven't read Bright Young Things. :D Great pick!

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like reading about the Roaring Twenties, too! This one sounds captivating.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one and I haven't read the Luxe series yet, I'll have to check it out.

    Thanks for checking out my WoW this week. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover art for this series, but I haven't yet read the first one. The 1920s are a great time period, though - nice pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this series, but I did like The Luxe. I'll have to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. New follower here! And I heartily agree with this choice. I enjoyed The Luxe and the time period of this new series is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books about the 20s but I never got around to reading Bright Young Things. Will have to pick it up before this one comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the covers for this series! I still need to get the first book from the library. :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have to read Bright Young Things, maybe I'll get to it in my summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...