Sunday, 12 June 2011

In My Mailbox #12

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they sometimes have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought:

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Okay, not too many words to waste on this. The TV series hasn't hit Germany yet, but everybody's talking about it. So when I came across this in a local bookstore I simply had to buy it.




eARCs:

The Art of Steampunk by Art Donovan
This was featured in NetGalley's newsletter and caught my eye because at heart I'm a nerd and I want to know everything about the genres I read and the movements that accompany them :) I didn't look into it yet but I'm expecting a lot of pictures and funny anecdotes :)
*thanks to Fox Chapel Publishing via NetGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

The Darlings in Love by Melissa Kantor
This sounds like it's aimed at a much younger audience and it's the second in the series but it might still be some light entertainment for the summer. There is no cover yet, the picture you see is a screen shot from inside the book.
*thanks to Disney-Hyperion via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

Ditched. A Love Story by Robin Mellom
This sounds like a lot of fun and laugh-out-loud scenes, too. After all the dark fantasy I feel like some like light-hearted books are in need.
*thanks to Disney-Hyperion via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

The Inquisitor's Apprentice by Chris Moriarty
I requested this ages ago and finally Houghton Mifflin Harcourt came through and approved my request. It sounds a little like Holly Black's White Cat, which I liked a lot, with a pinch of 21st century steampunk (if that is possible at all). So here we go^^
*thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via netGalley for giving me access to this ARC.

eBooks:

My little fix of teenage chick-lit. I came across this in Kobo's free section and it sounded like a lot of fun. It's the first in a new series.
*this was free on Kobo.




Signatures:

Last Tuesday I met the lovely Trudi Canavan at a signing. She read from The Rogue (which was just published in Germany), answered a lot of questions (I really have to get my hands on The Mad Apprentice, I don't think I can wait till the short story collection comes out), told us a little about her next series, which will be set in a new universe, and in the end signed a lot of books. Thank you, Trudi!

So, that was my mailbox, what was in yours this week?
PS, some time last week I hit 50 followers, which feels absolutely amazing! Thanks to all of you :) I'm thinking about a big giveaway when I hit 100 ;)

12 comments:

  1. I honestly hadn't heard of any of these books, but I just looked up "Ditched. A Love Story" and it sounds really cute/funny. Interested to hear what you think of it!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats an interesting lot of Ebooks you have there. I love steampunk!! I shall look at your The Girl In The Steel Corset review in a minnie.

    The Inquisitors Apprentice looks interesting, not heard of that one. Ill check back when you have read it to see what you thought.

    Nice signed books, well done. Not heard of those either. I like finding new books:D

    Michelle A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard of any of those books before Nickey. I love the look of the Steampunk one and I really like the sound of the genre but I haven't read any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hearing about Game of Thrones everywhere lately! May be something I should check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will definitely for your post on German books, because I like to keep my German somewhat updated but never know what books to get.

    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books look awesome! Ditched. A Love Story looks really cute! Enjoy all your new books!!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of the Allegra Biscotti Collection! It's like The Devil Wears Prada or somehting like that for teens! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing a lot about the Game of Thrones the last few weeks, both the books and the show. I haven't read or watched, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These seem like some great reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, I'm loving the blog. I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! Enjoy!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-monday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh great you got your books signed and that you got to meet Trudi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...