Usually you would find the meme Waiting on Wednesday in this place. But since I am pretty far ahead in my publishing schedule and I don't feel like posting about books that I have on that list just out of curiosity rather than real reading-desire or books from August just yet, I'm going to sit this week out.
Instead I thought I'd participate in the Book Shelf Porn, something new inspired by what Gail Carriger posts on her twitter every once in while and let you see two out of the many book shelves that cover the walls of my study:
The Shelves: I added the left shelf recently so that's why it isn't that full yet. Other than that I have to admit that there isn't much reason or rhyme to how I have these books ordered. I group books by the same author together but rather keep the time frame of worlds that span several series than publication dates (see Trudy Canavan [top shelf, right] or Cassie Clare [bottom shelf, right]). I don't order authors alphabetically but group them if they know each other or if they write about similar topics. I group genres where possible but author tops genre/topic (see Rhiannon Lassiter [bottom shelf, left] sci-fi, urban fantasy and mystery).
Three noticeable stand-outs: 1) big-frock-era on the top left shelf, 2) German ARCs on the bottom left shelf, right end & 3) anthology collection on the bottom right self, right end.
Random tidbit: The painting under the left shelf is my own creation, the white writing are some of my most favourite song lyrics.
So, what do your book shelves look like? Leave me a comment with a link and I'll come check them out!
Oh, I love seeing other people's bookshelves! So many pretty books in one picture always makes me happy. :D
ReplyDeleteCarina
I love looking at other people's bookshelves. Thanks for showing us yours!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love what you did with the song lyrics; very neat!
I'm with Carina, I love seeing other peoples shelves! Yours are great!
ReplyDeleteI love to see bookshelves! I will post mine soon!
ReplyDeleteAngie
XOXO Angela's Anxious Life
Hey, I posted something similar with the same title a couple of days ago! What a coincidence!
ReplyDeleteComaCalm's Corner