I really, really want to read:
Insatiable
(Insatiable Series #1)
by Meg Cabot
Publication Date CA: June 22nd 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins Canada
Summary (courtesy of Goodreads):
Sick of hearing about vampires? So is Meena Harper.
But her bosses are making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn't believe in them.
Not that Meena isn't familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you're going to die. (Not that you're going to believe her. No one ever does.)
But not even Meena's precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets—then makes the mistake of falling in love with—Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side. It's a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire hunters, would prefer to see him dead for.
The problem is, Lucien's already dead. Maybe that's why he's the first guy Meena's ever met whom she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena's always been able to see everyone else's future, she's never been able look into her own.
And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare.
Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future. . . .
If she even has one.
Why I want to read this:
I know this is already out in the UK and US but let's be honest: this cover is SO much prettier than the other ones^^ And I'm happily waiting for that :)
Besides: have you read the summary? It sounds hilariously funny and I remember some of Cabot's other YA books and that I loved them. I'm not a big fan of the whole vampire/werewolf trend, unless it's funny like the Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger, so I'm hoping very much that this is going in the same direction.

Never read anything by Meg Cabot, but might give this one a try. Your blog looks great, added myself as a follower :)
ReplyDeleteI love Meg Cabot and knew nothing of this, so thanks for posting it!
ReplyDeletehttp://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html
The new cover totally threw me off! I've heard of this book before, but haven't read it yet. I love this cover!
ReplyDeleteLove Meg Cabot! I can't to read this one too:)
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW. Happy Reading! Jen
I have this one on my tbr pile I really need to get to it. And I agree about the cover the one above is much nicer.
ReplyDeleteSally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html
Wow! I hadn't even heard of this yet! This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing with us and thank you for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that I've skimmed through this, but never actually given it a chance. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for stopping by the blog.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read this book yet, but it sounds good. I'll be adding it to my TBR pile! Thanks for stopping by. :)
ReplyDelete