Sunday, 15 May 2011

In My Mailbox #8

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren which gives bloggers a chance to showcase all the books they received in the previous week (for review, bought, borrowed, ect...) but for which they have no space to showcase in detail on their blogs.

Bought:

The Rogue by Trudi Canavan
I'm a big Trudi Canavan fan and even though The Ambassador's Mission didn't live up to expectations or even standards I'm giving the new series another try. I'm also totally excited to meet her next month!

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
This is the UK paperback edition. And even though I wasn't too impressed with The Iron King either, I'll finish this series.

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
This is the American paperback - I don't think there is a UK edition at all. I already finished this one and although it had a slow start I pretty quickly fell in love with Tamsin and her story. Review will be up next week.

Die For Me by Amy Plum
Again a UK paperback edition. I was very lucky indeed to snatch an eARC of this one and the fact that I bought a finished copy afterwards speaks for itself, I think. Review can be found here.

Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
And another UK paperback edition (much prettier than the US one if you ask me). This just came out and I'm dying to read it cause I quite liked Lament. Have you seen the just posted cover for Stiefvater's next book, stand-alone The Scorpio Races?

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Final UK paperback for today. I heard so many interesting things about this book and I read a couple of excellent reviews, I thought I'd give this one a try. I'll keep you posted about a review.

Well, my mailbox has been all bought books this week and I think after a brief lift the buying ban is back on. I'm expecting 4 more books in the mail from last week but they were all marked with delivery delays so I guess they'll be entertaining you over the next three weeks.
So, after peeking into my mailbox I totally want to know one thing: What is in your mailboxes this week?

17 comments:

  1. What a great selection! I have had Paranormalcy on my TBR pile for a while now, I really need to get round to reading it!

    Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books you have there. I loved Die For Me, adored it!! The Iron Daughter I really liked , it was better than TheIron King. Paranormalcy is a fun read and I love Lend , a wonderful different character, very original.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of books there!! I got Die For Me this week too!! YAY! I can't wait to read it, Hope you enjoy them.

    Ange
    My IMM: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-book-meme-hosted-by-story-siren.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower! I didn't get anything in my mailbox this week, probably next week though! Looks like you got some good books. ^_^ Jessica @ http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great list! I'm part way through Paranormalcy and I love it. Hope your enjoy your reading this week!

    P.S. The cover for Meg Cabot's Insatiable looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great IMM! How many times do I have to scream that I am so jealous of everyone and that I NEED DIE FOR ME?!?! Lol. :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I'm your newest follower! :)
    http://909reviews.blogspot.com
    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Paranormalcy was a great book, I really enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing the books Die For Me and Iron Daughter, guess I'll have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've had a 'pretty cover week' this week :-) I think most of those are on my wishlist too. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You have some really great books this week! I really enjoyed Once a Witch. I hope you like it too! :) Die for Me is pretty great as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, you bought a finished copy of Die For Me because you enjoyed it so much! I still need to read Paranormalcy, but can really recommend The Iron Daughter(best 2nd novel in a series I've ever read)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once a Witch is so good! I can't wait to read the Iron Daughter cause I loved the Iron King! I also want to read Paranormalcy really bad! I hope you like them :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read The Rogue!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great mailbox! I loved Once A Witch, Paranormalcy, and Die For Me...and Iron Fey series is on my must-read-soon list!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paranormalcy is so good and hilarious and definitely an excellent read :-D

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. All these books seem great. I totally recommend Paranormalcy to everyone, and I love the fact you enjoyed Die For Me - I loved that one as well, and the UK cover is just the prettiest. Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I absolutely love comments. The more the merrier. If you leave a comment under my reviews I will love you to bits!
I read all comments and I try to reply to as many and as fast as possible.
-Nickey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...