Today's WoW is slightly different but please read till the end - even if you don't understand every word!
I am desperately awaiting the release of:
Nur Ein Hauch Von Dir
(Die Versunkenen #1)
by S.C. Ransom
Publication Date GER: September 9th 2011
Publisher: S. Fischer Verlage
What you see above is the German cover of the book "Small Blue Thing" by S.C. Ransom. The English version of the book has already been published as a paperback on January 13th 2011 by Nosy Crow Ltd.
Last weekend I have been given a German ARC of this book and will you please look at that GORGEOUS cover!?
This is actually one of the very few times that I prefer the German cover and title over the English one!
Translated back it means something along the lines of "Only a fleeting touch of you". There is no 100% perfect English translation for "Hauch" which commonly translates to "whiff" or "breeze" but neither will quite do here - I think you're getting the idea...
The cover in itself is pretty perfect, too; the river Themse and St Paul's Cathedral in the background, two very big themes in the book. Yeah, I'm actually swooning here.
Why I want to read this:
Well, I already read it. The thing is: the German publisher has kindly asked to put all reviews on hold until the release date and I really, really want to talk about this. I will post a short, English review of this on my Goodreads account sooner, but I want to publish a proper review here. And I want to add this gorgeousness to my bookshelf. I haven't bought a German book in over 4 years; so yeah, try to imagine the level of my excitement :P
Summary (courtesy of Goodreads):
Celebrating the end of exams with best friend Grace, 17 year-old Alex rescues a swan caught on a wire in the Thames mud and finds an extraordinary bracelet. Through its disturbing and compelling powers, she finds Callum, a soul locked in a half-life of sadness and mystery following a terrible accident, and his persuasive and sinister sister, Catherine. As Alex and Callum grow closer despite the enormous obstacles to their love, the dangers mount until Alex must risk everything to save Grace and Callum must risk everything to save Alex.If you're still with me, thanks for letting me finish my ramble! And I'd like to hear your thoughts on the book, the title and the cover!
The cover does look Amazing!
ReplyDeleteWow this sounds awaesome, beautiful cover.
ReplyDeleteHere's my WoW, please stop by and check out the blog!
Awesome choice!!!
ReplyDeleteParanormal Wastelands' Wow:
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_11.html
The cover really is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy reading it. I look forward to reading your reviews. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that cover is gorgeous! The blue tones are very complimentary. Great pick!
ReplyDeleteOK you've definitely captured my interest. I love the cover and the summary is awesome. I will be putting it on my wishlist and looking forward to your review.
ReplyDeleteSally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html
This sounds awesome and you're right the cover is gorgeous! I love the translation too. Thanks for stopping by my WoW this week.
ReplyDeleteDas Cover ist wunderschön!:)
ReplyDelete