Bought:
Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell
This is the US paperback edition by Balzer & Bray.
I read quite a few of Bushnell's other books and I was a devoted SATC watcher, so this book is a must-read me for me. Actually, I've already finished it and while it is not as great as The Carrie Diaries it is still really good and absolutely worth reading! Review coming soon!
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
I was very lucky to get an eARC of this before it came out and I really enjoyed reading it; enough to order a finished copy once it came out. Review can be found here.
eARCs:
Supernatural Noir edited by Ellen Datlow
Although this is published by Dark Horse Comics it is NOT a comic but another short story anthology. I had one by Ellen Datlow before but I haven't read anything by the contributing authors. Let's see how this works out.
*thanks to Dark Horse Comics via NetGalley for giving me access to this.
Legacy by Cayla Kluver
I saw this on The Story Siren's blog it the description had me intrigued. When it showed up on NetGalley I simply had to request it!
*thanks to Lisa Wray at Harlequin via NetGalley for giving me access to this title.
The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird
I happen to have requested this pretty late because I simply didn't hear about it any earlier. I'm curious as to how it's going to turn out.
*thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt via NetGalley for giving me access to this.
sometimes it happens by Lauren Barnholdt
This one sounds like a typical, good summer read and I can't wait to get started with it!
love story by Jennifer Echols
Again, I saw this on somebody else's blog, liked the summary and added it to my shopping list. Then it showed up on Simon & Schuster's newsletter.
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
This has been on my wish list for quite a while! I was already dispairing because it didn't show up as a paperback anywhere and I was sure to be waiting forever. So I was naturally really excited when this showed up in the S&S newsletter!
Groundswell by Katie Lee
This one sounds a lot like Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger. It came across this by chance and I'm curious as to how it turns out. This is not YA.
the Map of Time by Félix J. Palma
Another book that I have seen on somebody else's blog and thought the summery interesting. I hadn't heard of this author before and I'm curious as to how the book turns out. Again, this is not YA.
*thanks to Simon & Schuster for giving me access to the eARCs above.
So, after you have read through all the descriptions in my enormous mail box, what is in yours this week?

I got Wildefire in the Galley Grab too! I loved The Betrayal of Maggie Blair, I hope you do too! I bought The Goddess Test after reading it as well, I love that book!
ReplyDeleteComaCalm's IMM
You got some awesome books this week!! I also downloaded Love Story from galleygrab, I can't wait to read it! I really loved The Goddess Test and bought a finished copy too. I think I am going to request Legacy. It sounds really good!
ReplyDeleteKristina
I'm really excited to read the Galley Grab books! I'm hoping to get to them soon. :) I can't wait to see what you think of Maggie Blair. It's on my list to read. :) Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWow you got a fabulous book haul there! Loving that cover on Map of Time.
ReplyDeleteSummer and the City sounds like a great book, I've read a couple of revies on Goodreads about it(:
ReplyDeleteBut most of the books on the bottom Ive never heard of, but I hope you enjoy all of your books:D
Can't wait to see your reviews, and dont forget to keep turning pages(:
lisa
www.turningpages94.blogspot.com
Great books! I'm really looking forward to reading both The Goddess Test and Wildefire. It's a shame it takes me so long to read e-books!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Books of Amber
Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, you're so fluent in German, I didn't notice it's not your first language until you said it.
Unfortunately I'm not that lucky - I'm more the reader than the talker when it comes to foreign languages. >_<'
Your IMM looks gooood! I need to start The Goddess Test. :)
Happy Reading!
Patricia
@ Patricia:
ReplyDeleteGerman is my mother tongue haha, it's English that is my fluent foreign language. But I have lived in England for 3 years and only ever blogged and commented in English, apart from a few exceptions, so writing anything in German on the internet feels like speaking a foreign language lol
Sorry to have confused you ;)
Nickey
Wow, looks like a nice haul. Every time I see The Map of Time, I want to read it. I love the cover, and I'd be lying if I said covers didn't sway me.
ReplyDeleteI agree, Goddess Test was a great book, definitely worth adding to your collection! Map of Time looks really interesting! I'll be looking forward to your review on that one!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and commenting! You got a lot of good stuff this week- I can't wait to read the goddess test, and I have been seeing wildfire pop up a lot lately- I'll have to check that out too! Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteVery nice mailbox! I want to read the Carrie Diaries,too because I am a SATC fan. I should download The Map of Time aswell, this book sounds really good!
ReplyDeleteI really, really liked the Goddess Test! I want to read the Betrayal of Maggie Blair so bad! The cover is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteCrystal @ Elegantly Bound Books
Great books this week. I love the GG such awesome books. I think I may need to get The Goddess Test - looks good.
ReplyDeleteHappy reading.
Sally.